The Student Room Group

Pay 26 quids to inform Admiral that I passed my drive test?

I passed the drive test and would like to call them for the policy change. But on their website they claim that a policy change through a phone call will be charged 26 pounds whilst through My Account will be charged 13 pounds. Unfortunately there seems no option for the provisional license insurance policy change in my account. It looks that I have to call them to change the policy? Any suggestions?
Pay them, most insurers will apply a charge for pretty much any modification to an existing policy - moving from provisional to full insurance will possibly be a pretty drastic change and may change the price overall which might be why they won't allow it as 'quick' online change.

I got stung last year when I bought a private reg plate and obv had to update them on it, even though all I'm doing is complying with their terms and conditions.
Reply 2
Thanks a lot. Just changed the policy via the chat window at the charge of 13 quids.
Funny thing is that the Third is only 20% cheaper than Comprehensive.😊 Of coz I chose to remain w/ Comprehensive.
Original post by farhill
Thanks a lot. Just changed the policy via the chat window at the charge of 13 quids.
Funny thing is that the Third is only 20% cheaper than Comprehensive.😊 Of coz I chose to remain w/ Comprehensive.

Did they let you make the change online cheaper, that's good, I wasn't sure they would, but they will pretty much always sting you a bit for each change, if you object and try to end the policy early they'll sting you there too.

There often isn't much cost difference between 3rd party and comprehensive as it's the 3rd party costs that can rack up far faster - they will only ever have to pay out a fixed market value for your car if wrote off, but you could hit and damage anything - like a bus at £350'000 for example.
Reply 4
Very true. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending