The Student Room Group

Hypothetical 2013/04 - UN Bombing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Newsflash
1000 Diplomats Dead Following UN Bombing

In the latest news from Turtle Bay, the Manhatten Coroner's Office has released tentative casualty figures for the attack on the UN Secretariat Building. It is estimated that over 1000 diplomats and UN employees were killed in the devastating bombing that has rendered Manhatten impassable for three days. Firefighters and rescue workers continue to search for survivors.

Diplomatic Car
In information obtained from a source within the FBI it is revealed that a car carrying diplomatic VIN plates was captured entering the UN Complex just moments before the blast. The investigation is still in its infancy, but this information is still incredibly disturbing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Luxembourg is extremely concerned by the unravelling situation and would like to offer whatever help it can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indonesia offers it's support to the United States of America in this matter. We anxiously await further information and reiterate our condolences to those affected by the attack.

OOC:
Original post by Qwertish

were killing
were killed
FTFY
(edited 10 years ago)
Newsflash
1000 Diplomats Dead Following UN Bombing

In the latest news from Turtle Bay, the Manhatten Coroner's Office has released tentative casualty figures for the attack on the UN Secretariat Building. It is estimated that over 1000 diplomats and UN employees were killed in the devastating bombing that has rendered Manhatten impassable for three days. Firefighters and rescue workers continue to search for survivors.

Diplomatic Car
In information obtained from a source within the FBI it is revealed that a car carrying diplomatic VIN plates was captured entering the UN Complex just moments before the blast. The investigation is still in its infancy, but this information is still incredibly disturbing.

00C: I think we need more information here, we're all just expressing concern and this has really good potential.
Reply 24
Original post by Cheese_Monster
00C: I think we need more information here, we're all just expressing concern and this has really good potential.

OOC: Working on it. I'm trying to think of a really controversial twist (rather than the bog standard Islamist terrorism or w/e).

EDIT: OOC: nvm, got it :P, hold on while I write it up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Newsflash
Israel to blame?

Information is now coming in (or leaking out) at an ever increasing pace. The latest images which we have obtained clearly shows the licence plate of the car believed to be carrying the bomb into the UN Complex. Most obvious are the country code letters "SG", belonging to Israel.

More news on this as it comes.
Syria will be unsurprised if Israel is the perpetrator of this crime, but it would question why they would attack their allies in the US?
Reply 27
OOC: I am going to be very busy this week so I'll try my best to be involved, just a heads up

The US is astounded that Israel would attack our people and the UN as one of the most fervent democracies in the world. We are insulted by these allegations and we expect likewise from the Israeli people.
Reply 28
Luxembourg will not make rash declarations, instead we call for the perpetrators to stop being cowards and come forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indonesia asks a representative of Israel to comment on these allegations. We continue our support of the USA against this attack despite the unexpected perpetrators.

OOC: I like where this is going, looks like it will be fun.
OOC: Is Rhadamanthus still the representative for Israel? I haven't seen him round here or on the MHoC for a while. May need to consider this.
Reply 31
Original post by Superunknown17
OOC: Is Rhadamanthus still the representative for Israel? I haven't seen him round here or on the MHoC for a while. May need to consider this.

OOC: He just posted in the Conservative sub forum, but he's not 'around', he just dropped in. If he is Israel it might be useful to find a temp replacement.
OOC: He just posted in the Conservative sub forum, but he's not 'around', he just dropped in. If he is Israel it might be useful to find a temp replacement.

OOC: The MUN members list post says he is but I don't know how up to date that list is kept.
Reply 33
Original post by Moist Penguin
OOC: The MUN members list post says he is but I don't know how up to date that list is kept.

The list hasn't been updated for quite some time, I did nudge Toronto to update it but he's recently been holding the fort at the MHoC. When he's more active here, I'll nudge him again as its difficult when you're trying to let new members in.
Original post by Krollo
Luxembourg will not make rash declarations, instead we call for the perpetrators to stop being cowards and come forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Greece stands side by side with Luxemboug's statement here.
Greece could not understand why, though, people are jumping to conclusions so early. This is a serious matter and must be dealt with by official protocol. All of these rumours and allegations are completely unnecessary and need proof.
Original post by RoryS
The list hasn't been updated for quite some time, I did nudge Toronto to update it but he's recently been holding the fort at the MHoC. When he's more active here, I'll nudge him again as its difficult when you're trying to let new members in.

Can you not step in and take control of the situation? I know toronto is busy but that should not mean his duties here become secondary, this is his Model United Nations, and by God he should lead it. If he won't, you should, and make this a successful hypothetical by removing Rhadamanthus as he is clearly, inactive and has been since I became a member of the MUN last October.
Reply 36
Can you not step in and take control of the situation? I know toronto is busy but that should not mean his duties here become secondary, this is his Model United Nations, and by God he should lead it. If he won't, you should, and make this a successful hypothetical by removing Rhadamanthus as he is clearly, inactive and has been since I became a member of the MUN last October.

I'll see what I can do, but preferably I would like to consult Toronto as I'm not technically in charge at the moment, but if things become desperate which they are verging on, I will.

Rhadamanthus has recently resigned - hopefully I posted that in the Welcome thread, I believe I did. Someone, with experience, needs to take his place so the hype can function effectively.
Reply 37
Bahrain is appalled that any nation could wish to take such horrendous action against a body dedicated to avoiding war, tragedy and despair. This is not just an attack on the UN but an attack on the fundamental foundations of peace and discussion among equals in the modern world.
Original post by RoryS
I'll see what I can do, but preferably I would like to consult Toronto as I'm not technically in charge at the moment, but if things become desperate which they are verging on, I will.

Rhadamanthus has recently resigned - hopefully I posted that in the Welcome thread, I believe I did. Someone, with experience, needs to take his place so the hype can function effectively.

I will dual rep Israel for the sake of this hypothetical but I can step down afterwards if need be with Israel and Syria being a bad combo of reps.
Reply 39
I will dual rep Israel for the sake of this hypothetical but I can step down afterwards if need be with Israel and Syria being a bad combo of reps.

Surely that could make this hype difficult given Syria has already blamed Israel for the bombing, are you going to argue a defense case with yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending