The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdzyN

AO2/AO3
Real world applications - Casarkson suggested how children/teenagers should begin school later to have higher academic performances

Isn't it Wolfson and Carskadon? Or have I taught myself the wrong name :/
how many ao1 and ao2 points are needed for a (4+8) 12 marker and
how many ao1 and ao2 points are needed for a (8+16) 24 marker? and roughly how much is everyone writing for each of those two essays (pages wise)? regards
Original post by lauraaaaa
I have memorised all 21 essays, but they are ones I've written for myself using the book. Even though I've memorised them pretty much word for word, there's no doubt that i'll write them slightly differently in the exam and perhaps in a different order or whatever anyway. Cannot waaaait for this to be over!

Hello 😁 sorry to jump in x lool
But u wanted to ask how long did it take you to memorise all the 21 essays. I have memorised the essays for relationships and half of aggression. Its just six essays that I have left for eating behaviour?

Would it take more than a day to memorise six essays since I just want to do exam practise tomorrow??

x the good thing is it is not new material. But i just dont know it in full x ☺️
Original post by beckyyc17
If you say it supports the theory, the description you give on from that is AO1.
No I don't I'm afraid haha so I don't imagine I'm being particularly helpful, I do gender, perception and aggression!

Ooo, I do Aggression. We have something in common! So for example Bobo the Doll study/Zimbardo's deindividuation study, how would you use them as an AO1 for SLT and deindividuation?
How important would everyone say for going back and checking over your work? I find it so difficult to write everything down in such short amount of time never checking over it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K14
Hi :smile:

Sleep and biorhythms I would predict endogenous/exogenous or sleep walking because its never been up. I would also be prepared to answer infradian as a 4 marker.

Aggression neural or hormonal and people seem to think institutional (i hope not).

I dont do gender..

Hope this helps, but make sure you have gone over everything just in case as they might repeat questions to catch question spotters out, like they have done in schizophrenia :tongue:

are you doing eating behavior?
if not what do people think will come up for eating behaviors?
Original post by Jeejee95
Hey, I just wanted to ask about the IDA points on institutional aggression...I know it has something to do with nature vs nurture, but what could I say about this debate? Also is it reductionist and deterministic?

Reductionist tends to apply for biology more than any other explanations because they do tend to take behavior and sometimes cognition in account, so rather than saying reductionist it maybe useful to say simplified :biggrin:
For eating behaviour (specifically anorexia), does anyone have any other evaluation for psychodynamic approach? I've got Steiner et al's research and also that psychodynamic is criticised for untestable concepts, but I think I need one or two more just to be on the safe side.
Original post by TheIsotech
Ooo, I do Aggression. We have something in common! So for example Bobo the Doll study/Zimbardo's deindividuation study, how would you use them as an AO1 for SLT and deindividuation?

Describe social learning theory.

This is all AO1.

Social learning theory suggests aggression can be learnt when an individual both observes and imitates a model, whether this is due to an internal drive or external reward. Modelling of the behaviour involves the individual paying attention, remembering the behaviour, reproducing the behaviour and then being motivated to reproduce it further.

Bandura's study supports it so describe the procedure (Still AO1).

Then, criticise Bandura for AO2.

IDA's include recognition of the fact that social influences (nurture) have actually led to a child learning aggression.
I can't wait for this exam to be over, it's taken all my time and still need to revise for my other subjects :frown:
Original post by basmaay
Hello sorry to jump in x lool
But u wanted to ask how long did it take you to memorise all the 21 essays. I have memorised the essays for relationships and half of aggression. Its just six essays that I have left for eating behaviour?

Would it take more than a day to memorise six essays since I just want to do exam practise tomorrow??

x the good thing is it is not new material. But i just dont know it in full x ☺️

It generally takes me about an hour to memorise and fully be able to recite it back to myself, but obviously I then need to continue to go over it a few more times so I don't really know. It depends how long your essays are and what your memory is like. I just hope I can remember my essays in the exam or I'm screwed!
Original post by Islam2014
I can't wait for this exam to be over, it's taken all my time and still need to revise for my other subjects :frown:

I got an economics exam in the morning of the PSYA3 exam, still havent revised as much as i would have liked for it since i keep forgetting all my psychology points >.>
Original post by SuperFly
What did you guys get in CHEM2? I got a D first time :/ !! Are you going to ask for a longer break? I think I'll try to lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile

which exam will you be sitting first out of the two? and what grade are you aiming for , exam board are you with?
Original post by Islam2014

Yo r u doin eating behaviour?
Original post by lauraaaaa
It generally takes me about an hour to memorise and fully be able to recite it back to myself, but obviously I then need to continue to go over it a few more times so I don't really know. It depends how long your essays are and what your memory is like. I just hope I can remember my essays in the exam or I'm screwed!

Yeh same, i feel like i know everything now but not sure if it's all ganna come back to me in the exam, let's just hope i don't go blank in the exam :s-smilie:
Original post by Jkizer
I got an economics exam in the morning of the PSYA3 exam, still havent revised as much as i would have liked for it since i keep forgetting all my psychology points >.>

lol i got economics and product design - same day as this exam
Original post by Trilo9y
Yo r u doin eating behaviour?

Nope Sorry
Original post by TheIsotech
So for example (I hope you do Biological rhythms) Siffre's isolation study, you would use that as an AO1? I try to kind of do that, but I end up just saying "this supports the theory of a free running cycle" which is an AO2 point...:frown:

Instead of saying support say illustrating instead as it's less evaluative :smile:
Original post by lizziec1996
Instead of saying support say illustrating instead as it's less evaluative :smile:

Lizzie - u doin eating behaviour?
Original post by Jkizer

Yeh I've got a Bio exam tomorrow :eek: and I'm sitting here revising for psychology feel like I'm going to forget it if i don't constantly go over it

Latest

Trending

Trending