The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I definitely prefer shorter Qs as oppose to long winded essays! Make revision a lot easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1781
Original post by IllmaticDragon
In institutional aggression, would it be bad to just talk about aggression in prisons?
or do we need to bring in terrorism or security forces as well?

I ask this as the importation and deprivation models both focus on prison stuff (as does that devshi fellow), but the books bring up other examples where institutional aggression occurs, such as in hazing or terrorism. So confused by the lack of consistency between books.

Prison is fine. Prison violence is just more commonly used as its easier. You could probably apply the two models to different scenarios though.

I dont think i ever mentioned brain structure for aggression (that much in detail anyways). For neural/hormonal, i just used Serotinin + Cortisol/Testosterone
Original post by Jkizer
Prison is fine. Prison violence is just more commonly used as its easier. You could probably apply the two models to different scenarios though.

I dont think i ever mentioned brain structure for aggression (that much in detail anyways). For neural/hormonal, i just used Serotinin + Cortisol/Testosterone

dope.

I've been so lonely all day. Everyone's been in school or something
Reply 1783
dope.

I've been so lonely all day. Everyone's been in school or something

No lessons or skyving? :smile:
Reply 1784
Original post by hotliketea
ah sorry to butt in! you got the workpack thing from that psychology guy? raj devshi or something? he linked it on here a while ago , but it's super useful - all the past papers in one workbook.

also what's there to do? you're scaring me! the only thing i find is that statistical tests are hard and i hate the 10 markers at the end but by doing past papers it helps to get used to the questions , and quite a lot of the time you learn things which you can use in the next paper etc. what do you think?

if possible, could u direct me to the raj devshi workbook thing please, thank you ! :smile:
Original post by lalableh
if possible, could u direct me to the raj devshi workbook thing please, thank you ! :smile:

here it is , for you and anyone else - a research methods workbook by saj devshi containing all past questions :smile:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/aqa-psychology-a2-psya4-research-methods-revision/
How much would you lot estimate for 90 ums in unit 4
Original post by gloriousgloria

i think we all decided 50/83 ish for an A*, probably and most likely lower - in past years it's been 45 up to 49 i believe
Original post by gloriousgloria

Lowest ever has been 56 in jun 10 & jan 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think we all decided 50/83 ish for an A*, probably and most likely lower - in past years it's been 45 up to 49 i believe

Original post by Sophie1994
Lowest ever has been 56 in jun 10 & jan 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh okay, but even 60 out of 83 is quite achieveable? Kinda feeling confident.
Thank yous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
No lessons or skyving? :smile:

Teacher training day.

I really wanted to go in. I've been getting distracted by YouTube videos titled 'render unto Obama' all day. No one should have this much free time
here it is , for you and anyone else - a research methods workbook by saj devshi containing all past questions :smile:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/aqa-psychology-a2-psya4-research-methods-revision/

You've been so helpful tome recently that TSR is telling me to upvote some other users for a change
Reply 1792
Teacher training day.

I really wanted to go in. I've been getting distracted by YouTube videos titled 'render unto Obama' all day. No one should have this much free time

Haha i agree. This weekend by revision was very fragmented, with me deciding hmmmm i read this essay twice, lets clash of clans.... 20 minutes later im still on it >.<

Nothing is sticking in my head.... its worrying
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jkizer
Haha i agree. This weekend by revision was very fragmented, with me deciding hmmmm i read this essay twice, lets clash of clans.... 20 minutes later im still on it >.<

Nothing is sticking in my head.... its worrying

Teacher training day.

i went it to school at 8 this morning , so my boyfriend could get a coffee , got in , and then realised i didn't have to be in school until 12 because my first lesson was cancelled and the other two were free periods >.< so i did loads this morning , worked again through lunch and now i'm just like ummm twiddling thumbs

and then i lay on the floor with my cats and dog laying on me for half an hour for no particular reason sigh
For research methods do we need to know anything about the inferential statistics other than when they're used? (differences/relationship, ordinal/nominal and design used) and that Spearman's rho and Chi-squared are used when observed exceeds critical value.

Do we need to know anything else? Such as how to calculate it or anything? Thank you. :smile:
Original post by LeaX
For research methods do we need to know anything about the inferential statistics other than when they're used? (differences/relationship, ordinal/nominal and design used) and that Spearman's rho and Chi-squared are used when observed exceeds critical value.

Do we need to know anything else? Such as how to calculate it or anything? Thank you. :smile:

nope thank god you don't need to know how to calculate it ugh i gave up maths for a reason

however , you may need to know that chi-square would not be used when the expected frequencies fall below 5 in any cell (you need at least 20 ppts for a 2 x 2 contingency table) , and you may also be required to put numbers into a table but i'm really not sure about that

anyone else help on this one?
does anyone know the main questions they could ask for addiction?

Sorry, but unless I'm mistaken for a4, it's 61/83 in June 2013 for 90 ums and 61/83 in jan 2013 for 97 ums
Original post by 07baromo
Sorry, but unless I'm mistaken for a4, it's 61/83 in June 2013 for 90 ums and 61/83 in jan 2013 for 97 ums

sigh you're right i was thinking PSYA3 :colondollar:

sorry i need to sleep
Can anyone give me some good AO2 points for both the restraint theory and the role of denial within the success and failure of diets? Notes aren't great on this one :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending