The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benrowlands36
Hi everyone,

Im a 3rd year at Keele, and a senior mentor for the school of life sciences. If any of you have any questions or worries about anything related to university, academic or not, or even if you'd just like to speak to someone before you get to Keele, you should sign up for a mentor :smile:

Oh ****, I just clicked on that and filled the form in aiming to be a mentor for next year and didn't realise it was a form to GET a mentor. Derp. I'm a second year!

I'm blaming you :tongue:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Hi - im in Barnes hall, quick question do we have wifi in our bedrooms? I'm looking at the accommodation leaflet all other blocks say internet access in all rooms, barnes says internet access available, nothing about in all rooms.. thanks in advance
Original post by Stardust73
Hi - im in Barnes hall, quick question do we have wifi in our bedrooms? I'm looking at the accommodation leaflet all other blocks say internet access in all rooms, barnes says internet access available, nothing about in all rooms.. thanks in advance

What block are you in? There's wireless across campus, so I'm pretty sure it's available in all rooms in Barnes :smile:
Original post by kate113855
What block are you in? There's wireless across campus, so I'm pretty sure it's available in all rooms in Barnes :smile:

I'm im block N - are you in Barnes too?
Reply 1584
Original post by jessiejay26
Aww yay!! add me on facebook: Jess Tromans

Done! Im Sara, nice to meet you!
Has anyone uploaded a picture for their card yet?? does it have to be a proper passport photo? or can you just take one yourself and upload it
I smiled on mine! As long as it's passport sized!
Original post by Stardust73
I'm im block N - are you in Barnes too?

Noooo I'm a second year. And there is definitely wireless in block N, and the whole of barnes :smile:
Original post by heeeelllpppp
Has anyone uploaded a picture for their card yet?? does it have to be a proper passport photo? or can you just take one yourself and upload it

It can be just a photo of you as long as it's not ridiculous and it's of your face and it's passport size :smile:
Hiya, I need a bit of reassuring/advice! I made the deposit for my accommodation over the phone two days ago and it was all fine, the money has been paid and we checked today and that amount has definitely been taken out of the account to Keele University. But when I go to check the status of my accommodation on e-vision it still tells me that I need to do it. Do you think that this will all be fine? I really don't want to risk loosing my room but when I phoned up today nobody answered and I doubt they will be open tomorrow even though it is the deadline for deposit payments. Help!
Reply 1590
Original post by KatWheeler
Hiya, I need a bit of reassuring/advice! I made the deposit for my accommodation over the phone two days ago and it was all fine, the money has been paid and we checked today and that amount has definitely been taken out of the account to Keele University. But when I go to check the status of my accommodation on e-vision it still tells me that I need to do it. Do you think that this will all be fine? I really don't want to risk loosing my room but when I phoned up today nobody answered and I doubt they will be open tomorrow even though it is the deadline for deposit payments. Help!

Yeah my e vision is saying that I need to make my payment too, I made my payment today and the woman on the phone said it will update online in a couple of days. Did you ask for a receipt number for proof? Also if it's shown up on your bank account that you've paid that amount to Keele then I don't think you need to worry because that's proof that you have.
Original post by AN12
Yeah my e vision is saying that I need to make my payment too, I made my payment today and the woman on the phone said it will update online in a couple of days. Did you ask for a receipt number for proof? Also if it's shown up on your bank account that you've paid that amount to Keele then I don't think you need to worry because that's proof that you have.

Ok, I will just keep checking then, thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by KatWheeler

It's normal, it happened to people last year and the amount of people I've said it's normal to this year is unreal :') as long as you have a bank statement that it's gone out or other evidence it's been paid you're absolutely fine, it just hasn't updated yet.
Original post by kate113855
It's normal, it happened to people last year and the amount of people I've said it's normal to this year is unreal :') as long as you have a bank statement that it's gone out or other evidence it's been paid you're absolutely fine, it just hasn't updated yet.

Thank you for letting me know! It's such a relief :')
hey guys! so i'm starting in 2014 and i have been trying to join the official freshers group on facebook and i clicked join, but then a few days later the option to join was available again so idk how to join the group? any help would be appreciated thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm still waiting for them to accept me...
same here... tried joining a few times and cancelling it to try again and nothing for about 3 weeks now.
That's exactly what i've been doing! Ahaha! I know they haven't accepted anyone for 2 weeks now cus the last time i know they accepted someone was on results day because most of my friends are on that list!
Original post by Nerdy_girl
I'm still waiting for them to accept me...

Original post by Nick_1190
same here... tried joining a few times and cancelling it to try again and nothing for about 3 weeks now.

That's exactly what i've been doing! Ahaha! I know they haven't accepted anyone for 2 weeks now cus the last time i know they accepted someone was on results day because most of my friends are on that list!

It might take a while. They're trying to only accept people who go to Keele for definite because people from Stoke try to get on that page, find out what's going on at the union or otherwise and try and get in themselves and there isn't enough room and it'd kinda ruin it because most of the time they're quite scummy people (a lot of people from Stoke are lovely, but you do get the odd horrible chav). So I'd say make sure you've put "Keele University" in your academic info or work, make your profile as public as possible for the admins and click join again. Then you can change your privacy setting back :smile:

Have you checked your fb inbox for a message from one of the admins? They ask you for either your student number or a screenshot of your acceptance letter.

If your settings on Facebook are like mine you won't actually get a notification that they've sent you a message, I had to check under 'other' in your inbox :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest