The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Medicine R+R Form

As Keele selects applicants to interview largely based on R+R form score, what can I include in it to ensure a high score. Does anyone know how it’s scored or what a high scoring R+R form includes (nature, duration and variety of experiences)? Thanks
Original post by ella.ab
As Keele selects applicants to interview largely based on R+R form score, what can I include in it to ensure a high score. Does anyone know how it’s scored or what a high scoring R+R form includes (nature, duration and variety of experiences)? Thanks

Hi there.

I'll post on this thread despite 's lightning fast responses! :biggrin:

Volunteering and other responsibilities are what can be included on the r+r form, so try to include what skills you gained and what you learnt from your experiences. There's a section for the amount of hours/duration you've spent doing each role too. Unfortunately, shadowing and work experience (for a week or so) aren't as desirable for Keele.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Best wishes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by ella.ab

Hi @ella.ab,

If you haven't already seen it, there's some guidance on applying for medicine - including the completion of the R&R form - on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/.

On there, it states that the Roles & Responsibilities form 'provides an opportunity for applicants to tell us about:

- experiences they have undertaken that demonstrate their direct engagement with people in a supportive, assistive or caring role
- their ability to handle responsibility
- their understanding of how somebody has benefited from help, support or care they have provided

Admissions Tutors will assess the Roles & Responsibilities form against the following criteria:

- commitment to one or more role(s) involving direct engagement with people, ideally with an element of care or support
- the value of the role(s) undertaken, in terms of contribution to the wellbeing of others and/or demonstration of appropriate personal characteristics
- the level of responsibility taken in any of the above roles, or other roles listed on the form
- a clear example of a situation where applicants have done something that had a significant beneficial outcome for another person
- any exceptional achievements or circumstances'

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise :smile:
PhD English Literature, Keele University
Reply 3
Has anyone received roles and responsibility form from Keele . I received an acknowledgement but not received roles and responsibility form e mail yet
Original post by A U
Has anyone received roles and responsibility form from Keele . I received an acknowledgement but not received roles and responsibility form e mail yet

Hi @A U,

A link to access the R&R form via the Keele applicant portal will be sent to all relevant applicants on 7 November 2022. So you won't have access to it before then.

There's information at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/ with details of the timelines for when everything will be sent out and is due back.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I'll post on this thread despite 's lightning fast responses! :biggrin:

Volunteering and other responsibilities are what can be included on the r+r form, so try to include what skills you gained and what you learnt from your experiences. There's a section for the amount of hours/duration you've spent doing each role too. Unfortunately, shadowing and work experience (for a week or so) aren't as desirable for Keele.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Best wishes.

Hey, on average how many roles do applicants put any chance u know? Also, how many hours do u think would be considered to be good/enough for work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest