The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anu
Is anyone doign this? Or has anyone done it in the past? What is it like? I have tot ake it this year, i have got alittle book, but it seems to be a whole load of twaddle! What is the actual exam like?

Thanks..

absalute rubbish, i didn't go to my lessons, i didn't know what to expect on the exam and i got a C (didn't even have a little book)

lou xxx
Reply 2
Anu
OP
lou p
absalute rubbish, i didn't go to my lessons, i didn't know what to expect on the exam and i got a C (didn't even have a little book)

lou xxx

LoL!! Erm ok..that sounds reasssuring! I guess the same as general studies! I havent been to anyof the lessons for either :colondollar:

oops.

Reply 3
Anu
LoL!! Erm ok..that sounds reasssuring! I guess the same as general studies! I havent been to anyof the lessons for either :colondollar:

oops.

yeh don't stress, it's a nice little sit off (more pointless than general studies in my opinion)

lou xxx
Reply 4
lou p
yeh don't stress, it's a nice little sit off (more pointless than general studies in my opinion)

lou xxx

I disagree.....CT can be a highly valued qualification. If you look at the new LNAT tests they're bringing in for law....the questions remarkably similar to the questions you'd have to do in AS CT....so CT must be useful....certainly more so than GS....which is actually a pile of rubbish!!

G
Reply 5
gzftan
I disagree.....CT can be a highly valued qualification. If you look at the new LNAT tests they're bringing in for law....the questions remarkably similar to the questions you'd have to do in AS CT....so CT must be useful....certainly more so than GS....which is actually a pile of rubbish!!

G

but i just think any AS that you get a C in with no preparation (which is basically what i had) isn't really worth the paper it's written on. i know i didn't learn a thing.

lou xxx
Reply 6
lou p
but i just think any AS that you get a C in with no preparation (which is basically what i had) isn't really worth the paper it's written on. i know i didn't learn a thing.

lou xxx

I agree its not hard to get a C in it....cos it's quite straightfoward...but getting higher grades shows that you've effort in and gained some valuable skills from it...and many unis will value this. I know some ppl who's uni offers specifically requested an A in AS CT!!!!

G
Reply 7
gzftan
I agree its not hard to get a C in it....cos it's quite straightfoward...but getting higher grades shows that you've effort in and gained some valuable skills from it...and many unis will value this. I know some ppl who's uni offers specifically requested an A in AS CT!!!!

G

that's stupid. i put no effort in (seriously i didn't even know the format of the papers) + spent mosty of the exam trying to giggle because my stomach rumbled really loudly for at least an hour of it and i could see my friend shaking with laughter in front of me.

lou xxx
Reply 8
lou p
that's stupid. i put no effort in (seriously i didn't even know the format of the papers) + spent mosty of the exam trying to giggle because my stomach rumbled really loudly for at least an hour of it and i could see my friend shaking with laughter in front of me.

lou xxx

I know you might think its pointless...but when its potentially useful to the course you'll be doing at uni....like law...then its a good thing. I read the book....and i have to say that i found it really interesting as a subject....learining how to construct and deconstruct arguments!

I agree though....you can blag the exam and get a decent grade.

G
gzftan
I know you might think its pointless...but when its potentially useful to the course you'll be doing at uni....like law...then its a good thing. I read the book....and i have to say that i found it really interesting as a subject....learining how to construct and deconstruct arguments!

I agree though....you can blag the exam and get a decent grade.

G

i did nothing for it and got a B!!!
:biggrin:
Reply 10
lou p

lou xxx
The exam doesn't measure preparation, knowledge etc, though. It measures reasoning ability. Hence the grade you get having done no prep is almost certainly the grade you'd get if you worked hard at it all year.
I got an A and apparently cambridge were impressed with that. We got god teaching and the teacher kept lending me all his rare recordingsof operas :biggrin:

MB
Reply 12
Anu
Is anyone doign this? Or has anyone done it in the past? What is it like? I have tot ake it this year, i have got alittle book, but it seems to be a whole load of twaddle! What is the actual exam like?

Thanks..

It's the only subject that gives u a brainache after the exam apparently useful for law :smile:

Latest