The Student Room Group

Losing your virginity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Maura Kat
Didn't anyone tell you.............. curiosity killed the cat ?????? :eek:

Anyways you're a guy so you would never ever really understand where I'm coming from with all those views of mine and the points I've made. I'll put it this way for your easy understanding and hopefully it gets across to you. As a girl I have everything to lose and I can't quite say the same for you.

Curiosity killed the Kat...:cool:

I disagree with your latter point, it depends on the kind of guy. I.e. guys and girls stand an equal risk of getting STD's, and yes girls can get pregnant, but as a guy if I got a girl pregnant I'd stand by her, I wouldn't wash my hands of it and say "my bad" and leave her to it. Obviously, yes, it's more of an issue for girls as it would mean time off work/uni.

It's not that I don't understand where you're coming from, I just disagree - I think it's harder for you to judge sex and the connotations of it without having had sex, than it is for me to judge the merits of not having sex as remember, at one time I was a virgin, now I'm not - so I know how I was before and after, and I can honestly say nothing has changed - I still treat women the same, sex with a new partner is just as special as sex the first time was, etc. I think it's a recent phenomenon in the age of enlightenment for some people to put sex on a pedestal - in early history (roman/greek/etc) people had sex (and children) much younger than we do now.

Again, all of this isn't to try discourage you or to question your life choices, just debating =)
Reply 41
...big deal.
Original post by Yeah OK
Was losing your virginity a big deal to you? Is it a time you'll look back on favourably? Or would you rather it never happened?

If you're a virgin, is it an issue for you? Do you feel OK with it, or sad that it's not happened yet?

It's not an issue for me but it is something I am curious about. I didn't go through the experimentation phase as a teen, but it's not that bothers me. I'm indifferent. I do admit that I do wonder if I am missing out on all the fun lol.
Also, I am not fond of the term 'losing your virginity'? What is there to lose? All you're doing is becoming sexually active, that's all.
(edited 10 years ago)
No, as a guy it want a big deal. No I don't look at it back favourably and yes I do regret who I lost it to and the circumstances but time can't be turned back I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I lost my virginity with my girlfriend 4 1/2 months ago. She was worried at first but we spoke it out and after we spoke about it she was fine with it. It was both our first time having sex. After we had sex, we didn't regret it.
I'm 16 and I'm a virgin. I do feel bad about it, not because I just want to try it nor peer pressure, but because I actually want the sex. I don't know why, but I'm horny all the time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
I'm 17 and a virgin. This doesn't really bother cause I'm not the only one. A majority (approx 98%) of my mates are too a virgin. But then again, chances are I'll probably loose it a girl who is not a virgin during a meaningless intercourse and it probably will be ****, as it is for most people. Now that does bother me a little bit cause I'll be the one making it **** with my inexperience. :s-smilie:
I like I is a virgin and i love me. I think it is not bad. I like give it with my husband. Can, I am vietnamese and it is important with country live. But I don't like loose. If you relex, you go to vietnam and you will know it. OK
Reply 49
Original post by amthucngon87
I like I is a virgin and i love me. I think it is not bad. I like give it with my husband. Can, I am vietnamese and it is important with country live. But I don't like loose. If you relex, you go to vietnam and you will know it. OK

No comment from me... :laugh:
I was just happy it was gone. When I get over the pain of losing my boyfriend I will look back on it favourably.
I'm 17, and a virgin. Now all my friends (there's 10 of us) have lost there's (I genuinely believe they have, before anyone plays that card) so I sort of feel like an outcast. I've never really been in a relationship to have the opportunity to do so. Of course I'm curious, and like most lads my age.. want sex. I have the chance with this girl I'm talking to, but I'm not sure if I want to 'lose it' for the sake of it, as opposed to someone special. I mean, it seems a bigger deal being a virgin if you're a guy than a girl. Is there too much emphasis on it? Should I wait?
Im 17 and lost my virginity not too long ago... it used to be a massive deal to me, my ex bf that I wemt out with at 15 years old wanted to do it, I told him that I didn't want to and didn't with him. My current boyfriend to me atm is the one... I know its stupid because I'm 17 and you can't know it so young but it shouldn't be a big deal if it feels right when you do it :smile: although my first time was painful it was still good, being that close to someone you love just feels really good and right...
Before I lost my virginity I had sex over cam with people, which is one of my biggest regrets.
Nothing bad came of it, but I felt like I was abusing my own body!
I know a lot of you look down on people that do things like that, but I look down on myself for it too, and perhaps to eradicate the stereotype a little, I'm currently on target to achieve AA*A* at a level and I'm applying for a literature degree at Cambridge.
No I won't be telling them about this :wink:
Reply 54
Original post by Yeah OK
Was losing your virginity a big deal to you? Is it a time you'll look back on favourably? Or would you rather it never happened?

If you're a virgin, is it an issue for you? Do you feel OK with it, or sad that it's not happened yet?

Premarital coitus is not for me.
Reply 55
Original post by carrotstar
I'm still a virgin at 17, and I'm not that bothered. I've never been in a relationship, as of yet, so I'm glad I've still got my virginity because of that. I'm waiting for someone to come along that I can have a relatioship with rather that losing it for the sake of losing it. If someone asks me if I've lost it, I'm happy to tell them that I haven't. Maybe I'd be less willing to say so if I was over 20 though.

It should be none of their concern.
Reply 56
Original post by vespa
i lost mine to one of my college teachers. i was in a weird place in my life but it could have been worse, he was a nice guy. good looking, not bad sense of humour. if i could do it differently i would have waited but it's not something i think about any more. true love is nonsense so one's virginity isn't all that precious. love and sex can be separate things. don't sweat it kid.

The statement that 'true love is nonsense' is nonsense in itself. Just because you haven't found one yet, don't be too quick to jump to conclusions.
Reply 57
Original post by ushausha
I always think 'losing' virginity sounds a bit careless.....

i gave mine with love, pleasure and enormous desire....wow, those hormones are strong! I am delighted I followed my desire and I do not regret it in any way. For me it was just a natural and normal step that I wanted to take in my relationship. So the memories are all very positive. I did wait a little, to be certain in my own mind that he was the guy I wanted to be my first and actually my only lover so far. I was certainly one of the first in my group even so. Now, I t is now over 2 years on and I know it was absolutely right for me.

We are all different, so there are no rules, it is our choice. If you feel the desire, then go for it and enjoy!

Original post by Maura Kat
I agree with you, My mom taught me strong values. What you see on the big screen or tv isn't what it is in real life. I'm not worried about who in my clique of friends have lost it. Its their life and their decision to make. I'm just glad I haven't allowed myself to let any guy in. The thing that saddens me is when my friends allow themselves to be made use by guys over and over again. Why are they so silly?

Good thing you are not being a :sheep: and following the majority of the crowd.
Reply 58
Original post by woody-wood
my first time was when my GF wore a strap on ...it still counts!

Excuse me?
My first sexual experience was a little unorthodox, to say the least. While I have regrets about certain elements of it (only on my own part, and not the part of the others involved), I definitely don't regret the decision I made and how it happened, despite the fact that it wasn't to anyone I was in a relationship with, or any of those other similar romantic fantasies a lot of people (including myself) have about it. In fact, overall, my first time was pretty damn awesome. And I have a great story to tell at parties.

Quick Reply

Latest