The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone thinking of doing criminology and psychological studies in Feb 2014?

I am hoping to study criminology and psychological studies in Feb 2014. I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of doing this course? I'd love to meet some people thinking of doing this course!
I recently started uni and found it wasn't for me.. So I decided open uni would be much more suited for myself. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Allyxo
I am hoping to study criminology and psychological studies in Feb 2014. I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of doing this course? I'd love to meet some people thinking of doing this course!
I recently started uni and found it wasn't for me.. So I decided open uni would be much more suited for myself. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I started the Criminology & Psychological Studies in September last year and I love the course, you get a choice of modules in the first year & I did 30 credits psychology, 30 credits social science and 60 credits of law. Then, the second year and third year modules are compulsory, I would definitely recommend the course. The open University is more suited to me too, I also tried uni but I didn't have the funds to live so had to get busses and trains, I just didn't feel like I had the social life and I didn't enjoy my course. Feel free to send me a personal message :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Simone.xox
Hi, I started the Criminology & Psychological Studies in September last year and I love the course, you get a choice of modules in the first year & I did 30 credits psychology, 30 credits social science and 60 credits of law. Then, the second year and third year modules are compulsory, I would definitely recommend the course. The open University is more suited to me too, I also tried uni but I didn't have the funds to live so had to get busses and trains, I just didn't feel like I had the social life and I didn't enjoy my course. Feel free to send me a personal message :smile:

hi ya simone,im starting phycology feb 2014,,its nice to read what you have already studied as it gives me an insight,howd you get on with studying and did you find it easy to follow. thanks carol62
Reply 3
Original post by carol 62
hi ya simone,im starting phycology feb 2014,,its nice to read what you have already studied as it gives me an insight,howd you get on with studying and did you find it easy to follow. thanks carol62

Hi Carol,

Having come from psychology and sociology A level and a short time at university doing the same subjects I found it relatively easy to follow. Some information was new but I already knew the basic principles behind each subject. However, I did a module in law which I found challenging but so worth it! I think if you're new to the subject it would still be relatively easy to follow and social sciences really do change your way of thinking about everything! The main thing is been motivated and putting the time aside to study :smile:
Reply 4
Hi Simone,

I'm thinking of enrolling on the course also! I was just wondering, did you find the predicted "study pattern" of 35 hours a week accurate? I'm keen to do the course, although they're not doing the Law module anymore :frown:, but wondering how realistically it's going to fit with work!

Thanks!

Nick

Quick Reply

Latest