The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil Criminology and Criminological Research 2024 Applicants

Hi everyone, I am making this thread for criminology applications. Any news at all?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SemperParatuss
Hi everyone, I am making this thread for criminology applications. Any news at all?

Hi

Have heard anything yet? I’m still to apply!!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by MrRock

Hi

Have heard anything yet? I’m still to apply!!

Hi, I applied January 4th (because I needed funding), still under review, emailed the department and they said that my application was being processed and I should receive an outcome soon
Reply 3
Thank you! Good luck and I hope you soon get a good news!

I’m applying from the UK, how about you? Do you think I would still have a fair chance of if submit my application by 5 February 2024?
Original post by MrRock
Thank you! Good luck and I hope you soon get a good news!

I’m applying from the UK, how about you? Do you think I would still have a fair chance of if submit my application by 5 February 2024?

Thanks, yes I’m from the UK. I assume you will have a good chance; saying that, they do say that they recruit on a rolling basis, and I do know two people who submitted super early on (November) and have offers - nevertheless, you do have a good chance if you submit by the 5th
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
Thanks, yes I’m from the UK. I assume you will have a good chance; saying that, they do say that they recruit on a rolling basis, and I do know two people who submitted super early on (November) and have offers - nevertheless, you do have a good chance if you submit by the 5th

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing your background ie what is undergraduate degree in? I’m applying from social science background as studied BA in ‘International Relations and Politics’ but no background in law and criminology which is scary!!
Reply 6
Hi, I applied January 4th (because I needed funding), still under review, emailed the department and they said that my application was being processed and I should receive an outcome soon

Hi, how many days did it take for your status to become "under review"? My 1.16 submission is still in "submitted" status
Original post by Siyu WANG

Hi, how many days did it take for your status to become "under review"? My 1.16 submission is still in "submitted" status

Hi, I submitted on the 4th and it was under review on the 8th, been under review for a month now
Original post by MrRock

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing your background ie what is undergraduate degree in? I’m applying from social science background as studied BA in ‘International Relations and Politics’ but no background in law and criminology which is scary!!

I graduated last august with an undergrad law degree, i think you should be fine, just try to find a link between your course and criminology
Reply 9
Hi Again,

Do you have any idea which course has more places between MPhil in Criminology and MPhil in Criminology research? Searched to find this information but didn’t find any!!
Original post by MrRock
Hi Again,

Do you have any idea which course has more places between MPhil in Criminology and MPhil in Criminology research? Searched to find this information but didn’t find any!!

No idea
Original post by Siyu WANG

Hi, how many days did it take for your status to become

Hi, about four days to become under review. What is your status right now?
Reply 12
I emailed the admission. They are now busy processing the applications before the funding deadline. As I submitted in mid Jan, they will soon update my application since the review of those before 5th Jan has almost come to an end.
Reply 13
Hi, about four days to become under review. What is your status right now?

Mine moved to "under review", does that mean the decision of your application has been made?
hi, does anyone have any news? 🙂 how long did your application take from 'under review by department' to the next stage?

all the best everyone!
Do you think it's too late to apply?
I'm wondering if all the applicants before January 5th have received a response? I applied in February, and I'm curious about how long it might take to get a reply.
Also, I'd like to ask if anyone has also applied for the Master's in Criminology and Criminal Justice at Oxford. If you got accepted into both, how would you decide between them~
I applied on February 20th and got rejection yesterday(12/3).
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #3
I applied on February 20th and got rejection yesterday(12/3).
Hi sorry to hear that
Do you think you got rejected because you applied a bit late? What was your profile like? Can you share if you don’t mind!!
Original post by MrRock
Hi sorry to hear that
Do you think you got rejected because you applied a bit late? What was your profile like? Can you share if you don’t mind!!
Hi, I'm not sure if those who apply later are all rejected, so I also find it difficult to pinpoint the exact reason. However, my academic grades are not outstanding, and I believe a major factor could be my inability to demonstrate my research capabilities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending