The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophielaur
UCAS application sent off today and i'm applying to European Studies! Going to be doing German i think! or German and Spanish, anyone else applying to European Studies?

Me too... well not German, French but woo for European Studies! I chose it because it is very flexible and there is lots of room for taking other subjects along side it.

Original post by Aniaa
what can you do after this degree?

I so hate it when people ask silly questions like this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 81
Original post by Samual
Me too... well not German, French but woo for European Studies! I chose it because it is very flexible and there is lots of room for taking other subjects along side it.

I so hate it when people ask silly questions like this.

thats not silly. I am just wondering if you take this degree cause European Studies are your hobby or you have nay concrete plans with it
Original post by Aniaa
thats not silly. I am just wondering if you take this degree cause European Studies are your hobby or you have nay concrete plans with it

You didn't phrase your question very well, you seemed to imply it was useless. Presumably people take it because they have an interest in European languages, history, culture and politics?
Reply 83
Anyone else receive the Xmas Card from Aberdeen Uni? Loved it!:smile:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/ecard/
Reply 84
Received an unconditional offer for Law with English law, good luck to everyone else who has applied
Reply 85
Come on aberdeen it's been more than 2 months now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Dkhanna
Come on aberdeen it's been more than 2 months now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry they'll soon get back to you. I set mine over two months ago as well and I just got an offer for Neuroscience with Psychology !! :smile:
Reply 87
I got an unconditional for Law with English Law :biggrin:
Got an offer for biology yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Shewa
Don't worry they'll soon get back to you. I set mine over two months ago as well and I just got an offer for Neuroscience with Psychology !! :smile:

Congratulations! I have also applied for that one, but my personal statement was for medical school, so I am getting a little worried :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by ollexandra
Congratulations! I have also applied for that one, but my personal statement was for medical school, so I am getting a little worried :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

My personal statement was for Medicine as well. I called the admissions woman and she said it's fine that they accept medicine personal statements so you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by ollexandra
I have already applied for Neuroscience with Psychology along with my four med school choices :smile:

Have you heard back from the School of Medical Sciences yet? :smile:

EDIT: Oops, just saw your last post now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Ambry
I got an unconditional for Law with English Law :biggrin:

Congratulations ! :smile:
Hopefully, I will also get an offer soon... in the welcome letter I received they said that they won't start to give out offers until the deadline, so you must have been pretty good :smile:
Original post by SorenaJ
Hi. I am going to apply to Aberdeen for Physics. I am from Denmark, I'm doing the IB and my predicted grades are in the range 37-39 (not sure about bonus points yet) with 665 at HL.

Hi!

Sorry, but I just came across this thread and saw that you are a Dane, which I am too!
So you are applying for Physics? I am applying for Archaeology and Anthropology! Have you applied for any other Universities in Scotland or UK? And have you heard anything back yet? Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 94
Original post by MariaKaehne
Hi!

Sorry, but I just came across this thread and saw that you are a Dane, which I am too!
So you are applying for Physics? I am applying for Archaeology and Anthropology! Have you applied for any other Universities in Scotland or UK? And have you heard anything back yet? Sorry for all the questions!

Hiii. Nice to meet a fellow Dane! Yes, I'm applying to Aberdeen, Dundee and Strathclyde for Physics, Edinburgh for Astrophysics and Glasgow for Astronomy and Physics, so only in Scotland. I got an offer from Glasgow, but I haven't heard anything from Aberdeen yet, besides from the acknowledgement letter (this is sent by regular mail, don't know if you have already got it).

Archaeology and Anthropology sounds really exciting. I considered something in that direction as well, before I decided upon astronomy. Where else are you applying?
Original post by SorenaJ
Hiii. Nice to meet a fellow Dane! Yes, I'm applying to Aberdeen, Dundee and Strathclyde for Physics, Edinburgh for Astrophysics and Glasgow for Astronomy and Physics, so only in Scotland. I got an offer from Glasgow, but I haven't heard anything from Aberdeen yet, besides from the acknowledgement letter (this is sent by regular mail, don't know if you have already got it).

Archaeology and Anthropology sounds really exciting. I considered something in that direction as well, before I decided upon astronomy. Where else are you applying?

Ah sweet! I have applied to Edinburgh as well! Same course! :smile: oh and glædelig jul!! Because I am now living in the UK I tend to forget, and it should be christmas now but it isn't till tomorrow!!! It's driving me mad :smile:
Astronomy sounds so exciting, I am a bit into that as well! Would be cool if we ended up in the same uni, I love Scotland!
Yeah I got the acknowledgement letter too, but I was quite late in with my application so not expecting to hear anything till February! I applied to Manchester, Durham, Bournemouth and then obviously Edinburgh and Aberdeen! How cool that you heard from Glasgow already! I think that most Scottish Universities tend to answer to applications rather late!
Reply 96
Original post by MariaKaehne
oh and glædelig jul!!
Glædelig jul to you too! :smile: BTW, do you go to English school or..?
Original post by SorenaJ
Glædelig jul to you too! :smile: BTW, do you go to English school or..?

No I actually did my HF in Denmark a few years ago so I am applying as a mature student here :smile: and thanks!
OFFER for Neuroscience with Psychology!! So happy, now all I have to do is get those grades :redface:
Original post by lilac-trix06
OFFER for Neuroscience with Psychology!! So happy, now all I have to do is get those grades :redface:
Congratulations! When and how did you receive the offer if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending