The Student Room Group

Studying in America (Yale/Brown/Princeton/Penn)

Hey Guys :smile: I'm currently at secondary school in England and am looking at how to get the most out of higher education. One on the main things i am looking at is studying at an American University. The ones that i really like the look of are Yale, Brown, Princeton and Penn. I've done my research and have found out about SATs and the admission process etc. but i really just wanted to know if anyone had any advice about going to American Universities and Studying abroad? I've always done well academically and have good extracurriculars (hockey/rowing, plays the flute, volunteers etc.) but will this be enough? How hard is it to get into these universities, would i just be better off applying for Oxbridge? Thanks for any help!
The first question that crossed my mind is: why in the United States for undergraduate studies? You plan to have a career there?

Do not get me wrong, there are many incredible unis in the US, but they are incredible expensive. At the same time there are amazing universities in the UK and Europe that will cost you far less (obviously this depends also on the subject you aim to study).

I would at least give a look at European institutions in your subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending