The Student Room Group

UK student in the ivy leauge

I'm in year 12 right now, and I got a really strong set of results last year, is it possible for me to ever get into in Ivy Leauge school like Harvard/Yale/Princeton/ Colombia etc
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm in year 12 right now, and I got a really strong set of results last year, is it possible for me to ever get into in Ivy Leauge school like Harvard/Yale/Princeton/ Colombia etc

Ivy leagues don’t just look at grades, they also look into extra curricular. Also they are hugely competitive when it comes to sport.
Reply 2
They do look at grades - and some of them will no longer be test optional for the year you apply so you need a really good SAT/ACT. And then they want everything else too (current applicant here :smile:)
Good grades are sort of your ticket in - you have to compete in other areas to 'win'

What do you really care about, and what activities outside of school supports that claim?
Reply 4
Original post by ben324234
Good grades are sort of your ticket in - you have to compete in other areas to 'win'
What do you really care about, and what activities outside of school supports that claim?

I've won essay contests, done English residentials at oxbridge, have a podcast and a couple of writing awards (I'm doing an English degree) I'm hoping it's enough tbh
of that list, the podcast is most interesting to me. Try to focus on getting something tangible from that. If it's an interview-format podcast, getting someone you really respect would be a great step. Generally, try to build on things to the 'next level', whatever that looks like to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending