The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

What is Keele like?

I went to the Essex Open Day today and hated it. Not my place at all. It was going to be my back-up but after today I am not even applying there! Keele wants the same grades and I have heard good things about the university but I haven't had chance to visit and there are no more open days. I have a few questions about Keele, would you be able to help answer some of them?

1. What is the feel of the university like? I know it's hard to explain via the net, but what types of students do you get there (make a generalisation).

2. What is the accommodation like on the whole? Are there any halls that are absolutely disgusting?

3. Is the surrounding area nice?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Keele is one of the largest and most beautiful campus in the UK. The campus is surrounded by 612 acres of land so the uni has a very much a community feel. Especially if you live on campus, it feels like you are in a Keele bubble.

2. There are different types of accomodation: Lindsay, horwood, hawthorns and barnes. They all very in how good they are. Hawthorns is much older then the other accomodation in offer and just off campus in keele village. Keele also offers accomodation in Stoke called Liberty court. All the accomodation there is ensuite and its around a 40min bus ride into Keele i think.

3. The surrounding is alright has everything you need, it depends on where you are from. The nearest high street is in Newcastle which is around 15mins on the bus. There is Potteries shopping centre in Hanley which is around 45mins away on the bus.

I definitely recommend you visit Keele. They offer visit days if you do get an offer from them around march. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. Hope it helps. Good luck. :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by cyn_purple
1. Keele is one of the largest and most beautiful campus in the UK. The campus is surrounded by 612 acres of land so the uni has a very much a community feel. Especially if you live on campus, it feels like you are in a Keele bubble.

2. There are different types of accomodation: Lindsay, horwood, hawthorns and barnes. They all very in how good they are. Hawthorns is much older then the other accomodation in offer and just off campus in keele village. Keele also offers accomodation in Stoke called Liberty court. All the accomodation there is ensuite and its around a 40min bus ride into Keele i think.

3. The surrounding is alright has everything you need, it depends on where you are from. The nearest high street is in Newcastle which is around 15mins on the bus. There is Potteries shopping centre in Hanley which is around 45mins away on the bus.

I definitely recommend you visit Keele. They offer visit days if you do get an offer from them around march. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. Hope it helps. Good luck. :smile:

Hey,

I'm guessing you go keele as spoke about it in a post?:smile: I was wondering if you could help me? What's the nightlife like there? Societies? And is it a diverse university in range of people, not racists but I come from a town where it's mainly indians and with festivals such as Diwali and Navrati I'd like to celebrate them at uni still!

Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
Hey,

I'm guessing you go keele as spoke about it in a post?:smile: I was wondering if you could help me? What's the nightlife like there? Societies? And is it a diverse university in range of people, not racists but I come from a town where it's mainly indians and with festivals such as Diwali and Navrati I'd like to celebrate them at uni still!

Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I'm currently in my second year at Keele studying biomedical science.Sorry i didnt realise i posted the same thing twice.
The union is ranked 4th/5th for nightlife in the country so they have to be good. They have different themed events every night of the week.
There are many different societies out there ranging from sports, cultures,charities and various other hobbies.there is a desi society, hindu and bollywood society that might interest you. You can find out more about events and societies at www.keelesu.com. what are you hoping to study?
How is Accounting and Marketing in Keele... or on their own...and the accommodation?...I don't know which to choose between Keele and Aberystwyth...does ABC mean 300 points...so if I get BBB I can still study it...or it means just ABC
Reply 5
Original post by aceySnicks_x
How is Accounting and Marketing in Keele... or on their own...and the accommodation?...I don't know which to choose between Keele and Aberystwyth...does ABC mean 300 points...so if I get BBB I can still study it...or it means just ABC

ABC is 300 points yes but if they want ABC and you achieve BBB then even as you have over achieved on 1 subject you still underachieved on the other subject so you will not meet the conditions. doesn't mean to say they wont let you in though... just means you didn't meet the offer.
Original post by GG306
I went to the Essex Open Day today and hated it. Not my place at all. It was going to be my back-up but after today I am not even applying there! Keele wants the same grades and I have heard good things about the university but I haven't had chance to visit and there are no more open days. I have a few questions about Keele, would you be able to help answer some of them?

1. What is the feel of the university like? I know it's hard to explain via the net, but what types of students do you get there (make a generalisation).

2. What is the accommodation like on the whole? Are there any halls that are absolutely disgusting?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

why didnt you like Essex? I have offers from Keele and Essex but I really dont know which one I to choose
Reply 7
Original post by GG306

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

S'not bad i guess..
Reply 8
Have any current students at Keele had a Medical School interview? My one is in a week and looking for some advice. It's the MMI system this year and I'm quite nervous about it as it is my only interview so far. Please help!

Quick Reply

Latest