The Student Room Group

Sterling Cigarettes or Mayfair Cigarettes?

Scroll to see replies

Mortality may be low, yes. But what about morbidity? Weed ****s up your brain man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I've never known clever people to simultaneously damage their health and piss their money away.
Reply 62
Hence the reason I said stoners are thick too. I don't smoke by the way - I think doing so is stupid.
Marlboro Red
Original post by pink pineapple
I thought you didn't like smoking/ people who smoked

How could you possibly think he was serious? :facepalm2:
Reply 65
Yes. It's also silly to drink too much. I am not saying that it's ridiculous to smoke ciggies/hash and drink on occasion. A lot of people take the piss, however (i.e. folk who get stoned 3-4 days per week, smoke 10-20 ciggies per day and those who get hammered on drink a numerous times per week). Once per week on a vice, to me, is quite enough.
Reply 66
I think you've forgotten about overdosing.

Also, when you're high, you do silly things.

30k a year die from smoking this ****. Indirectly or directly.
Reply 67
Even though it's unlikely, there are known cases of overdosing.

How can you explain the 30000 deaths per year because of this drug, if it isn't the causation of overdosing?
(edited 10 years ago)
I find Mayfair a bit weird tasting, so Sterling for me. Just what I'm used to. Although I'm a Marlboro light girl if I have to have straights.
Mostly I smoke rolling tobacco though.

Will all the pompous non-smokers please go away. We know and your responses are nothing but annoying white noise amongst people who have no intention of stopping soon.
Reply 69
Original post by Mike_123
Even though it's unlikely, there are known cases of overdosing.

How can you explain the 30000 deaths per year because of this drug, if it isn't the causation of overdosing?

Marijuana destroys the lungs far quicker than smoking tobacco does.
Original post by manchesterunited15
How could you possibly think he was serious? :facepalm2:

Totally unrelated to the OP and your post, but I have only just realised what that facepalm pic actually is and it's only just made sense I did a little squeal in my head because I was excited and I wanted to share that moment.

I always thought it was a person with a thumb for a head.

:nutcase:
DEAR STUPID NONE SMOKERS - STOP CALLING SMOKERS STUPID. THEY KNOW THEY ARE AND ARE GIVING THEMSELVES CANCER. THEY ARE ADDICTED AND WILL STOP IF THEY EVER FEEL ABLE. THEY DONT NEED YOU TO TELL THEM THEYRE GOING TO DIE EVERY 2 SECONDS. Thank you for your kind participation in not being complete ****ers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Chihiro95
Marijuana destroys the lungs far quicker than smoking tobacco does.

Please show some sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by Asklepios
Mortality may be low, yes. But what about morbidity? Weed ****s up your brain man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it doesn't! What do you know about cannabis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
No it doesn't! What do you know about cannabis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it does. It permanently alters brain chemistry, leading to loss of mobility, slurred/slowed speech and eventuslly schizophrenia. But smoke it if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by Caedus
Yes. It's also silly to drink too much. I am not saying that it's ridiculous to smoke ciggies/hash and drink on occasion. A lot of people take the piss, however (i.e. folk who get stoned 3-4 days per week, smoke 10-20 ciggies per day and those who get hammered on drink a numerous times per week). Once per week on a vice, to me, is quite enough.

Lol. I smoke every single day and there hasn't been a difference in mental capacity since I started. My parents never realised until they caught me with it.

Alcohol is FAR worse than cannabis on virtually every front. It's not fair to compare. I suppose shooting up once a week is not bad? Every drug is different and has different thresholds for damage. If we keep banding all drugs together, people will continue to have broken information, as this thread has shown. People are unbelievably ignorant of cannabis.

Everything is dangerous in excess, that is undoubtedly true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Obiejess
Yes it does. It permanently alters brain chemistry, leading to loss of mobility, slurred/slowed speech and eventuslly schizophrenia. But smoke it if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Mike_123 is trolling if some of you didnt realise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Source:

My father has worked with victims of drug abuse for years upon years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Obiejess
Source:

My father has worked with victims of drug abuse for years upon years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So he only sees people who abuse drugs and become a problem.

OK.

Can you see why your point is ridiculous?

Most cannabis abusers start at too young an age. I know a guy who is 21 with brain cancer because he started drinking from the age of 13. Does my worthless anecdote mean anything? No. I know lots of people who drink who are completely healthy and alcohol has had no long term negative effects.

Don't let your personal stigma affect your judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest