The Student Room Group

Clothes to wear at the gym(for men)

Having trouble finding the right clothes to wear. So i'm just interested in seeing what everyone else wears. If you could post a picture of the item of clothing, that would be great.

I wear just a random nike t-shirt, jogging bottoms and these trainers http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike-fusion-lite-tr/120573/ Is that normal attire?

However i see alot of men wearing shorts. What do you wear? If shorts, where do you get these from and which brand?

Is there a best place to buy gym shorts? And are they to be worn whether doing cardio vascular exercise(running), or lifting?

Thanks
It honestly doesn't matter. There are only two things that gym attire needs to fulfil:

-are you comfortable wearing it? Yes
-does it limit range of motion or impair exercise? No

Anything that fulfils those requirements are the "right clothes". This is true irrespective of what type of exercise you do. I wear shorts because I'm more comfortable in them than trackies or sweatpants or whatever. Converse because of their super flat, hard sole. And whatever comfortable T-shirt that hasn't already been worn to the gym that week. Other people wear full-on hoodies and joggers - that's what they're comfortable in. You're going to get answers covering the whole range of the "comfy" clothing spectrum.
Reply 2
I wear clothes that I don't really want to wear much/ outside the house and they are comfortable.

No above knee shorty shorty shorts shorts though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Basically anything except jeans and things that would be found on a suit... shorts, t-shirt, hoodie, trackies, vest etc. I never understand how some people have a process of deciding what to wear at the gym. If it's something you can do your exercise in and don't mind getting sweaty it's fine.
Reply 4
I just wear shorts and a t-shirt, I wash it every time I get home though so it must look like I wear the same sweaty stuff every time I go in haha.

I saw a woman once on the treadmill wearing jeans and a raincoat :K:
Full football kit, incluing shin pads...

Quick Reply

Latest