The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by TCdreamer
In a weird position with Ince & Co - I took the test in mid May. I didn't hear anything, so chased it up in mid June. They emailed back personally saying they had my results and were re-reviewing my application and the results and would contact me in the near future. Another 5/6 weeks has now passed...maybe they are waiting for after the deadline? When did you apply/take test?

Thank you for your response. That sounds positive!

I only applied earlier this week so I assume I won't hear anything for a few weeks. I understand they recruit on a rolling basis so im hoping I haven't left it too late!
(edited 9 years ago)
PFO from Shearman & Sterling today. F*ck them, their loss :smile: haha

I applied early July! x
Reply 182
Original post by Rtxox
I got rejected from them on Sunday, they were one of my favourites too. Gutting :frown:

Just out of curiosity, when did you apply to NRF? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by fullup
Just out of curiosity, when did you apply to NRF? Thanks! :smile:

I applied on the 9th July and got rejected on the 13th :smile:.
Question:

I've submitted a TC application. Despite reading and re-reading it, I've just noticed that I've left out a full stop on one of my answers.

Thankfully it's not in the middle of my answer - and therefore it doesn't really stand out or make the answer read badly - but rather it's missing from the end of the whole answer, the final full stop.

Am I just being overly pedantic or can I kiss goodbye to this application?
Has anyone heard from Mishcon de Reya or White & Case?
Original post by a.m.burton

Right, White & Case are notorious for being turtle slow. I applied to them last year and their response came in after 3 months, in October.
Has anyone heard from Mishcon de Reya...?

I am still waiting on them.
Reply 188

Heard from Mishcon yesterday, got invited for a phone interview. Didnt realise it was part of their process.
Original post by unluckyinlaw1
Question:

I've submitted a TC application. Despite reading and re-reading it, I've just noticed that I've left out a full stop on one of my answers.

Thankfully it's not in the middle of my answer - and therefore it doesn't really stand out or make the answer read badly - but rather it's missing from the end of the whole answer, the final full stop.

Am I just being overly pedantic or can I kiss goodbye to this application?

I wouldn't worry too much - as its not in the middle of the question which would look worse. There are also much worse typos. It largely depends on the firm too, some firms are known for only allowing three typos before rejection. That's a whole three though!
Reply 190
Anyone know how long after application submission Linklaters take to email invites for the Watson Glaser test? I submitted my application just over a month ago but nothing from them yet - would have thought that any application of interest would get a swift test invite but perhaps they're waiting until post 31 July?

Anyone who is waiting to hear back from Shearman or CMS, it should be soon as I've heard back from both post-application form submission!
Reply 191
Original post by Bazzza
Anyone know how long after application submission Linklaters take to email invites for the Watson Glaser test? I submitted my application just over a month ago but nothing from them yet - would have thought that any application of interest would get a swift test invite but perhaps they're waiting until post 31 July?

Anyone who is waiting to hear back from Shearman or CMS, it should be soon as I've heard back from both post-application form submission!

Have you heard back from CMS after taking the test? If so could I ask when you applied/did the test? Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied to Mishcon as well, but only a week ago. When did you apply?

I also did not realise a phone interview was a part of the process.
Original post by LegalEagle2016
Did you have any luck getting in contact with Blake Morgan lilypad? We're holding thumbs for you...

thank you but unfortunately have heard nothing. I think it is safe to assume its a definite PFO by now. Dissapointed.

Hope your apps are going well. Not long to go now thankfully!
Anyone heard from Capsticks?
Original post by MT03
Heard from Mishcon yesterday, got invited for a phone interview. Didnt realise it was part of their process.

Good luck. I know they staggered invites for the vac schemes so I am hoping my lack of invite is not a fatal sign. I had a telephone interview with them for that back in the Spring - good luck!
Reply 196
Original post by 50FtQueenie
Good luck. I know they staggered invites for the vac schemes so I am hoping my lack of invite is not a fatal sign. I had a telephone interview with them for that back in the Spring - good luck!

mrabinox - I applied in early April/May, had to get started early due to work. Wish I was a student again and have the luxury of time! I think phone interviews are new this year, nothing on grad site or chambers.

50FtQueenie - One piece of advice I'd give to people is not to worry/interpret what they are doing, it will drive you mad! You never know until you get the email :smile: We'll all get there in the end! Do you mind saying what you were asked/interview format last Spring? Where else did you apply just out of interest?
Original post by MT03
50FtQueenie - One piece of advice I'd give to people is not to worry/interpret what they are doing, it will drive you mad! You never know until you get the email :smile: We'll all get there in the end! Do you mind saying what you were asked/interview format last Spring? Where else did you apply just out of interest?

Too true!

It might have changed given that it was for the vac scheme, but generally speaking it was part competency based and then questions about the firm/why commercial law. Make sure you know why you want a career in commercial law, why Mishcon, and know who their clients are and what issues they face. It lasted about 30 mins.

I didn't apply for many vac schemes - I applied for Mishcon, Farrer, Withers and Charles Russell.
Reply 198
Original post by Rtxox
Have you heard back from CMS after taking the test? If so could I ask when you applied/did the test? Thanks.

I applied and did the test in March, and heard back from them just over a month after in April, but it was only until earlier this month that they scheduled the ACs for August.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bazzza

Linklaters can take a while to get back to you re the test so I've heard. No news is probably good news.

Also thanks for the heads up, I applied to CMS about three weeks ago and took the test but haven't heard anything yet....do you mind asking when you took it/how you fared? Fingers crossed good news!

Latest

Trending

Trending