The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ks394
Has anyone who applied to RPC - Bristol or SGH Martineau gotten any information (PFO, testing invites, AC/interview invites)?

I applied to RPC Bristol, but nothing yet. The confirmation email stated this though: "We can't give you an exact date, but you'll hear from us by early September on the next steps."
Original post by TLA1993
I've been reading silently for a while now, and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

I've had PFOs from:
- Hogan Lovells
- Clifford Chance
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- BLP
- DLA Piper

I was told my application had passed through screening and was invited to take the VRT for Dentons but haven't heard since - is anybody else in the same position / heard back?

I have a telephone interview for Eversheds (London), and assessment days for CMS and Taylor Wessing.

I'm still waiting to hear from Addleshaw Goddard, Ashurst and Travers Smith.

(All London applications!)

When did you apply to and hear back from CMS?
Reply 1982
Hi there,

I've had PFO's from
- DLA Piper
- Irwin Mitchell (post telephone)
- Walker Morris

Not heard from Eversheds since passing the SJT, probably also PFO

I have a phone interview with Addleshaw Goddard tomorrow and just wondered how they go? I was told I would get a briefing email but never received one. I'm guessing it's questions on competency, about the firm, where you see yourself and areas of interest/ commercial questions?

Not heard back from Capsticks either btw.

Thanks
Can anyone give any tips on the watson farley and williams assessment day. Would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 1984
has anyone had the eversheds telephone interview yet? Do you have any tips?
Reply 1985
Has anyone heard from the following:

Farrer & Co (mid/late July)
Macfarlanes (deadline day)
Squire Patton Boggs (late July)
Radcliffes (late July)
Pemberton Greenish (late July)
Ashfords (deadline day)
Reply 1986
Original post by greatcornholio
I applied to RPC Bristol, but nothing yet. The confirmation email stated this though: "We can't give you an exact date, but you'll hear from us by early September on the next steps."

Thanks. I saw that too. I've got to figure out if I need to consider altering my travel plans. Have flights booked back to the UK for the last week of September but that could change.
Original post by tmowi19
When did you apply to and hear back from CMS?

I applied on July 31st and heard back on August 12th - the final assessment centre is this Thursday though if that helps?
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Nope, don't despair, HR said that they're still holding other ACs!

Thank you!
Reply 1989
Original post by Dreamsofbeaches

Same
Reply 1990
Original post by lb1993
thank you! wonder what they are looking for then.. have to admit I am useless on the phone unfortunately

Don't worry about it, just be yourself and you'll be sweet. It was actual someone from the firm and very easy going, not like other outsourced phone interviews at all.
Reply 1991
Original post by lawstudent4690
Does anybody have any advice/tips for AG assessment centre please?

Can I ask when you did your phone interview and when you were invited?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1992
Has anyone heard from Ashurst or Hogan Lovells post-interview?

Also a couple of people have mentioned Macfarlanes - I received an offer from them so if anyone has any questions, email me and I'll try to help :smile:
Got TLT London AC on Friday. Any tips from those who have done one with them?
Reply 1994
Anyone heard from Baker & Mckenzie after applications yet? - still nothing, not feeling hopeful!
Original post by rh252
Anyone heard from Baker & Mckenzie after applications yet? - still nothing, not feeling hopeful!

I haven't heard from them either.
Ive heard back from DLA and Slaughter & May but still waiting for Baker & Mckenzie, Taylor Wessing and White & Case.

A bit worrying seeing as I would need to fly back to the UK for AC if I get offered one…
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1996
Original post by caroline0805
I haven't heard from them either.
Ive heard back from DLA and Slaughter & May but still waiting for Baker & Mckenzie, Taylor Wessing and White & Case.

A bit worrying seeing as I would need to fly back to the UK for AC if I get offered one…

have you done the tests/ telephone interview or anything? i havent even heard since i sent my initial application on 28th July. I have a contact in HR there so will give her a call and see what she says!
Original post by rh252
have you done the tests/ telephone interview or anything? i havent even heard since i sent my initial application on 28th July. I have a contact in HR there so will give her a call and see what she says!

I haven't heard anything apart from the confirmation email that I got after submitting my application.

If you do call please let me know what they say! I think these firms tend to do it in batches, in the order they receive it (I am hoping). I sent mine in on the 31st so it would be towards the bottom of the list I would imagine...
Reply 1998
Original post by caroline0805
I haven't heard anything apart from the confirmation email that I got after submitting my application.

If you do call please let me know what they say! I think these firms tend to do it in batches, in the order they receive it (I am hoping). I sent mine in on the 31st so it would be towards the bottom of the list I would imagine...

Just spoke to them - they will be letting people know by the end of this week. Fingers crossed. Good luck!
Original post by rh252
Just spoke to them - they will be letting people know by the end of this week. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

You too!

Latest

Trending

Trending