The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
If the 'why do you want to work at this firm' question has already been asked in an application form, should I still mention it in the cover letter? :confused:

Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Hi all,

I have a training contract assessment day at Irwin Mitchell in Sheffield this Tuesday for the personal services stream, any tips for what the process is like for 2014?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IBTC
Received a Weil VR test invite yesterday.

Also does anyone know how long Shearman & Sterling generally take to get back to you post-VRT? They sent me the test link the day after I applied, but no news since (has only been a couple of days in fairness).

Finally, anyone had a Macfarlanes or Norton Rose Fulbright AC? I have them this week, so any tips would be great :smile:

Congrats on your AC invites! If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply to Macfarlanes?
Reply 583
Original post by J1989
How long did it take people to hear back from the Irwin Mitchell telephone interview?
I had mine today - hard to judge how it went as the person on the phone gives nothing away!

I heard back a week after.
Reply 584
Original post by DoMore
I heard back a week after.

May I ask what questions you guys got asked for the IM telephone interview?
I've got mine tomorrow morning - not sure what to expect!
Reply 585
As mentioned earlier in this thread it is not entirely fair on the previous applicants who have taken the telephone interview without preparation of the exact questions if those that going to take the interview have the questions to prepare for in advance. This is a competition. If we help each other prepare the fight will be harder.

Just a polite reminder anyway. Good luck to all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by divamk
As mentioned earlier in this thread it is not entirely fair on the previous applicants who have taken the telephone interview without preparation of the exact questions if those that going to take the interview have the questions to prepare for in advance. This is a competition. If we help each other prepare the fight will be harder. Just a polite reminder anyway. Good luck to all. Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, do not agree with that at all. Those are rather generic questions and any interview based on competency questions will ask that in some way or another. If someone had not prepped those questions, I would be questioning why the person got the interview in the first place. TSR is there to help. If this is a competition, why even have this thread?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 587
Any PFO or AC invite from Gide LLP?
Reply 588
Ok if that's how you feel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
Original post by jpearson
Congrats on your AC invites! If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply to Macfarlanes?

I applied mid-June, but didn't hear back for a month, so if you're waiting on them I wouldn't worry!
Reply 590
Is anyone still waiting to hear from irwin mitchell after the phone interview? I had mine last friday and havnt heard anything yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Taylor Wessing anyone?!
Reply 592
Original post by ultraviolet9999
I had mine this morning and was asked about 1) my best personal achievement in my life, outside of academia, 2) A bad decision I made, 3) My personal development over the last 5 years, 4) A time I was refused something and how I used my influence to change the outcome and 5) A time I exceeded a clients expectations

:smile: Good Luck

I had similar questions! I'm not sure how mine went, I felt like a repeated myself a little bit! how did yours go!? and which stream/office did you apply to?

She told me that there was 4,500 applicants with 1,000 receiving telephone interviews! 80 of which will get picked for assessment centres :eek: That's less then 1 in 10!?

Well done on getting this far! I think I have accepted I will not get through to the next stage, but it was good experience!
Reply 593
Original post by ap28
Is anyone still waiting to hear from irwin mitchell after the phone interview? I had mine last friday and havnt heard anything yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had mine about an hour ago, I got told it could take up to September to hear back!?
Just curious, how did yours go? :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by Alex3r3
I had mine about an hour ago, I got told it could take up to September to hear back!?
Just curious, how did yours go? :smile:

Oh I was told id hear in 7-10 days because the AC's are taking place in the first two weeks of August! Alot of people have been invited to AC's this week so I was starting to panic..guess I should just be patient then lol. I was really nervous throughout mine which probably showed, so I'm not sure how it went really :confused:. How was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
Original post by ap28
Oh I was told id hear in 7-10 days because the AC's are taking place in the first two weeks of August! Alot of people have been invited to AC's this week so I was starting to panic..guess I should just be patient then lol. I was really nervous throughout mine which probably showed, so I'm not sure how it went really :confused:. How was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah really? There are only 80 places for the AC's! which makes me feel even more helpless now haha. The same here! I was pretty nervous but I feel I answered the questions alright? I hope we hear soon either way!

GOOD LUCK :smile:
Original post by Sim07
Taylor Wessing anyone?!

I applied to TW end of July, still haven't heard anything.
Reply 597
Hey,
I've got through to the first interview stage with Charles Russell (Guildford) and was wondering if anyone has been to an interview with them before? I'm just trying to gain an idea of what kinds of questions they are going to ask.
I haven't had to do an interview for a TC or VS before; I have only attended assessment centres (without interviews) and all my work experience has been just from the application, so I'm a little unsure of what to expect.
Original post by Kerry_x
Hey,
I've got through to the first interview stage with Charles Russell (Guildford) and was wondering if anyone has been to an interview with them before? I'm just trying to gain an idea of what kinds of questions they are going to ask.
I haven't had to do an interview for a TC or VS before; I have only attended assessment centres (without interviews) and all my work experience has been just from the application, so I'm a little unsure of what to expect.

I had this interview last year, albeit I had to do mine over the phone, it is very much a competency based interview with all the usual questions as well as the odd why Guildford etc. They get back to you very quickly though (I got an AC offer about 5 hours later) and it's at the AC where they open up their questions a bit more as well as some other interesting activities.
Reply 599
Original post by mrabinox
I applied to TW end of July, still haven't heard anything.

I applied in November! guess they're really taking their time...

Anyone waiting to hear from Baker & Mckenzie, I got an invite to do a SJT this morning!

Latest

Trending

Trending