The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IndreOK
Hi, has anyone heard back from Ropes & Gray or Sidley Austin? Thanks!

Ropes and Gray extended their application period to the 22nd of August so it may be a while yet.
Original post by sch90
Hi,

Has anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell regarding an AC invite/rejection? I had my telephone interview on Sunday and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks!

Hey,

I've applied for PLS in Manchester and had my interview on Sunday too. Not heard anything back either. Starting to become dangerous how much I panic every time I get an email, haha.

Fingers crossed for us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seen a few posts about RPC and a verbal reasoning test, is this the first stage of the process or was this test sent automatically? I can't remember doing one. Not looking good :/
Got placed on the reserve list for Shoosmiths. 1st application and 1st rejection; not the best of starts, to say the least.
Original post by yarp
Thanks. I applied to the London office too:frown:.......The phrase currently running through my head rhymes with "clucking bell".

Hello everyone, this is my first post but have been reading for a few weeks.

For those worrying about wragge LG (London specifically) already holding ACs I wouldn't give up hope yet as they just got back to me today post VRT (completed 29/07) to invite me for a telephone interview so I presume they must be holding multiple ACs.

Anyone already done the telephone interview yet and know if it is mainly competency/application/commercial based?

Re other apps:
PFO from Slaughter and May after final interview.
PFO from DWF - same position as a lot of people rejected after interview for vac scheme so wasn't expecting to be reconsidered.
And I haven't heard anything from any of my other 12 :mad:
Original post by Williamdoc
I applied to a substantial amount of TCs on the 31st so thought it might help people to see the status of those to which i applied...

Clifford Chance - Passed Verbal Reasoning test, nothing back since
Davis Polk - No reply
Baker & McKenzie - No reply
Skadden - No reply
Bird & Bird - No reply
Bristows - Rejected
Clyde & Co
Hogen Lovells - No reply
Dechert - No reply
Edwards Wildman - No reply
Ince & Co - No reply
Irwin Mitchell - accepted for telephone interview, rejected at this stage
K& L Gates - No reply
Dentons - No reply
Farrer & Co - No reply
Shearman & Sterling - rejected
White and Case - No reply
Weil Gotshal Menges - rejected
Stephenson Harwood - No reply
Travers Smith - No reply
Covington & Burling - No reply
Addleshaw Goddard - No reply
BLP - rejected
Bingham McCutchen - No reply
Linklaters - No reply
Gibson & Dunn - No reply
Fieldfisher - No reply
SJ Berwin - No reply
RPC - completed online test, no reply
Debevoise - No reply
Slaughter & May - No reply
Bond Dickinson - No reply
Hill Dickinson - No reply
Osbourne Clarke - No reply
Bond Dickinson - No reply
DWF - accepted for video interview, yet to complete
DLA Piper - No reply
Sidley Austin - No reply
Kirkland & Ellis - No reply
Taylor Wessing - No reply
Olswang - No reply
Latham & watkins - No reply
Bircham Dyson Bell - completed online test, no reply

Some of these are ludicrous wastes of time if they are all straight tc applications. Many of the American firms on there literally just take off vac schemes or overwhelmingly so(Kirkland, Sidley, L&W, Skadden, Debevoise, Bingham, Davis Polk etc) so I don't understand why people still insist on applying to them for training contracts without completing a vac scheme there. For anyone looking to apply next year some incredibly useful advise: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON FIRMS THAT WANT YOU TO HAVE DONE VAC SCHEMES WITH THEM.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by unluckyinlaw1
What are people's opinions on emailing GradRec with a polite request as to how my application is progressing?

I applied to Eversheds over a month ago and passed the SJT, therefore I'm waiting to hear if I will be getting a telephone interview.

Somebody posted on this thread yesterday that 'telephone interviews have started going out' however that was based on one person's invite to a telephone interview. I hear from a few people that they still have not heard back yet.

Thoughts? I do not want to email and pester them which may lead them to rejecting me (paranoid much?)

I personally wouldn't. They are busy enough without having to deal with those kind of emails, and if you're on some form of internal reserve list it may trigger them into just rejecting you to get rid of you.

From what I understand of the Eversheds process they use an external company to telephone interview people. It may simply be that they've passed your details to them and they just haven't got round to it, or they send them off in batches. Plus Eversheds have different offices, so the others hearing back could be for other offices.
Reed Smith training contract offer :smile:
Original post by TCdreamer

Omg!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! This is wonderful I'm so happy for you The hard work paid off!

I remember someone around this time of year getting an offer from Reed Smith and getting the hell neg'd out of him- seems there are positives to this new reputation system!

Congrats on the offer :biggrin:
Reply 990
Anyone heard anything from Burges Salmon or Ward Hadaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GlitterAndThings
Omg!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! This is wonderful I'm so happy for you The hard work paid off!

Thank you!! Fingers crossed for your apps, it will pay off! Wish you the very best of luck :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by Legallybrunette0
I had mine telephone interview on Saturday morning for PLS Birmingham and still waiting!!

Does anyone know when their next scheduled ACs are?

I had my PLS telephone interview about 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything for Birmingham... not looking great. Although I know people have received PFO's so I have no idea how it will progress. I know someone who was on the AC yesterday and they said they take 70% from vac scheme... got to stay hopeful!!!
Reply 993

Congrats!!
Reply 994

Fantastic, very well done! :biggrin:

Oh wow you must be so relieved. Big congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Massive well done!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Reed Smith :s
Reply 997

Well done, a comment I'll be rating!!
has anyone done the video interview for dwf? if so, any help with the questions?
Does anyone know when GLS will get back to candidate post-VRT?

Latest

Trending

Trending