The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congrats! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 1781
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I got one today too! So now that's 12 applications, 2 rejections, 1 silent rejection and 1 rejection after telephone interview. Still waiting on 8 but cannot help feeling disheartened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to the disheartened club; we have vodka :frown:
Reply 1782
Original post by yarp
Welcome to the disheartened club; we have vodka :frown:

And gin. Lots of gin.
Reply 1783
Updates for my TC applications if it helps!
1. Gateley
2. Squire Patton Boggs
3. Addleshaw Goddard
4. Ince & Co
5. Hill Dickinson
- Critical Thinking Test
- Video Interview
6. Mills & Reeve REJECTED!!!
7. Brabners
8. Weightmans REJECTED!!!
9. Bond Dickinson
- Verbal Reasoning Test
10. Clyde & Co
11. Shoosmiths REJECTED!!!!
12. TLT - REJECTED
13. Irwin Mitchell REJECTED!!!!
- Phone Interview
14. Taylor Wessing
15. Browne Jacobson
- Critical Thinking Test
- Telephone Interview
- ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!
16. Forbes
17. Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
18. DLA Piper
- Group ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!
19. Edwards Wildman Palmer REJECTED!!!!
20. Veale Wasbrough Vizards - REJECTED!!!!
21. DWF REJECTED!!!!
- Video Interview
22. Hogan Lovells REJECTED!!!!
23. Reed Smith
24. Dechert REJECTED!!!!
25. Osborne Clarke
- Critical Thinking Test
- ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!!!!!!
26. Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Critical Thinking Test
- Reasoning Test
Original post by TC2016
Updates for my TC applications if it helps!
1. Gateley
2. Squire Patton Boggs
3. Addleshaw Goddard
4. Ince & Co
5. Hill Dickinson
- Critical Thinking Test
- Video Interview
6. Mills & Reeve REJECTED!!!
7. Brabners
8. Weightmans REJECTED!!!
9. Bond Dickinson
- Verbal Reasoning Test
10. Clyde & Co
11. Shoosmiths REJECTED!!!!
12. TLT - REJECTED
13. Irwin Mitchell REJECTED!!!!
- Phone Interview
14. Taylor Wessing
15. Browne Jacobson
- Critical Thinking Test
- Telephone Interview
- ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!
16. Forbes
17. Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
18. DLA Piper
- Group ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!
19. Edwards Wildman Palmer REJECTED!!!!
20. Veale Wasbrough Vizards - REJECTED!!!!
21. DWF REJECTED!!!!
- Video Interview
22. Hogan Lovells REJECTED!!!!
23. Reed Smith
24. Dechert REJECTED!!!!
25. Osborne Clarke
- Critical Thinking Test
- ASSESSMENT CENTRE!!!!!!!!!!
26. Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Critical Thinking Test
- Reasoning Test

I am in the same position for gateley, hill Dickinson and fieldfisher. Are you taking these as silent PFOs or still holding hope?
Reply 1785
Still nothing from wragge post vrt. Anyone got any idea how long it normally takes for them to get back to you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1786
Original post by charlie5155
I am in the same position for gateley, hill Dickinson and fieldfisher. Are you taking these as silent PFOs or still holding hope?

I know a couple of people that have been offered AC's for Gateley so think thats probably a rejection!!! I did the video interview for Hill Dickinson weeks ago so I can't see how it would take so long to get back to us and still hopeful for Fieldfisher, my housemate got rejected after the first VRT and didn't get invited to do the second one so fingers crossed!!!
A bit of a strange question, but has anyone had to stay the night before an AC before? I have to be at one for 8:45 so am having to stay in a travelodge the night before. That's all find and dandy but then I'm going to be stuck with a big bag on the day and am wondering how willing they'd be to store it at reception or something..?
From the ACs I've been to this has never been a problem - I know plenty of people who have left big overnight bags at reception!

Original post by lucykinzz
A bit of a strange question, but has anyone had to stay the night before an AC before? I have to be at one for 8:45 so am having to stay in a travelodge the night before. That's all find and dandy but then I'm going to be stuck with a big bag on the day and am wondering how willing they'd be to store it at reception or something..?
Reply 1789

I'm concerned about this too. If I get an AC invite, I'll be coming back to the UK early.
Reply 1790
I've had to do this a few times, hotel reception will keep it for you but the firm will definitely not have a problem with you taking it wih you. At my lasy AC about 6 people just bought it with them to the office

Original post by ks394
I'm concerned about this too. If I get an AC invite, I'll be coming back to the UK early.

Do you mean store it at reception at the firm or at Travelodge? :smile: I am sure that it wouldn't be a problem for the hotel to store it for you until after the AC.
Although, I once had to go to an AC with a small case as I was flying abroad for family reasons afterwards, and the law firm stored the bag for me in their reception area during the AC.
Thanks everyone! I feel much better about it now.

And in terms of reimbursing the costs, they've already said they do so that isn't a problem either.
Reply 1793
Thanks everyone! I feel much better about it now.

And in terms of reimbursing the costs, they've already said they do so that isn't a problem either.

How much of your costs are they reimbursing? Obviously I don't expect for firms to pay for my flight, but are they covering travel costs from within the UK? - I haven't got an interview or AC invite yet, but i've been given a timeline for when they might happen and I need to make sure I'll have enough $$.
Original post by Jaya_79
Thanks for your input! :smile: how don't show them I am commercially aware? I usually analyse a deal that they have recently completed along with the general landscape of the legal market.

Analysing a deal on the application form is fine, if not a little contrived. I would much rather display to the recruitment team that I have knowledge/interest of the commercial market and business at large by actual things that I have done. Ultimately, your clients are real businesses and real business people - you need to understand the context they work in, and the best way of doing that is undertaking these activities yourself.

I'm not saying you need to found a company overnight, but even talking about your work experience in a shop and how it made you realise x, y, and z about the business world is something.
Original post by ks394
How much of your costs are they reimbursing? Obviously I don't expect for firms to pay for my flight, but are they covering travel costs from within the UK? - I haven't got an interview or AC invite yet, but i've been given a timeline for when they might happen and I need to make sure I'll have enough $$.

They told me trains and then up to £60 for a room! I guess they would take your individual circumstances into account.
I've heard nothing today! I'm assuming so many silent PFOs... They could at least send out a generic email... put me out of my misery... *wail*
Anthony Collins interview post VRT and Legal Interpretation tests :smile:
Reply 1798
Irwin Mitchell rejection post assessment centre. That's all my apps done.. Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DoMore
Irwin Mitchell rejection post assessment centre. That's all my apps done.. Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which office?

Latest

Trending

Trending