The Student Room Group

Reading and Leeds Festival 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Superunknown17
Yeah, bit let down by Download. Apparently, R+L may be getting AC/DC, just a rumour but if it's true that would be a fantastic booking and what a show they'd put on.

That would be insane. Wouldn't mind seeing QOTSA sub AM. Apparently Maiden, Metallica and Sabbath are a lock for Sonisphere which probably rules them out of R&L (which is good for me)

:smile:
Original post by Elliot193
That would be insane. Wouldn't mind seeing QOTSA sub AM. Apparently Maiden, Metallica and Sabbath are a lock for Sonisphere which probably rules them out of R&L (which is good for me)

AM I can't see there to be honest.

Wow, thought they'd only get 2 out of those 3, shame would have liked Sabbath.
Reply 22
Yeah, bit let down by Download. Apparently, R+L may be getting AC/DC, just a rumour but if it's true that would be a fantastic booking and what a show they'd put on.

AC/DC would be a decent show but their demands at Download were just too much. If they try it with R&L I can't see them accepting it.

Original post by Elliot193

Now Pearl Jam are being thrown around with those names.
Original post by Devel
AC/DC would be a decent show but their demands at Download were just too much. If they try it with R&L I can't see them accepting it.

Now Pearl Jam are being thrown around with those names.

I've heard they've been trying to scale it down a bit but yeah their own stage at DL in 2009 was ridiculous. There's no way they'd get something like that anywhere.
Reply 24
I've heard they've been trying to scale it down a bit but yeah their own stage at DL in 2009 was ridiculous. There's no way they'd get something like that anywhere.

Not to mention not being listed on the festival merchandise.
I'm gonna take a stab at tonight's headliner and say AC/DC.
Scratch that, iit looks almost certain to be Blink-182. How utterly terrible. I want to cry.
Reply 27
Scratch that, iit looks almost certain to be Blink-182. How utterly terrible. I want to cry.

Well that wouldn't be a great start.

Although have Dillinger on in the Lock-Up while they play and I wouldn't care.
Original post by Devel
Well that wouldn't be a great start.

Although have Dillinger on in the Lock-Up while they play and I wouldn't care.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I really hope I'm wrong.

We will soon find out. :woo:

Hoping for more than just a headliner though.
Reply 30
I always forget how awful Radio1 is until I end up listening for festival announcements.
Reply 31
Blink 182 (Main Stage Headliner)
Jake Bugg (Main Stage)
Of Mice And Men (Headlining Rock Stage)
I Am Legion (1xtra Stage)
Metronomy (NME)
Disclosure (NME)
Wilkinson (Dance Stage)
Very gutted with that, Metronomy are the only one that even get me reasonably excited. Jake Bugg I've seen and the others I think are either terrible or I haven't really listened to them.
Original post by Devel
Blink 182 (Main Stage Headliner)
Jake Bugg (Main Stage)
Of Mice And Men (Headlining Rock Stage)
I Am Legion (1xtra Stage)
Metronomy (NME)
Disclosure (NME)
Wilkinson (Dance Stage)

Very gutted with that, Metronomy are the only one that even get me reasonably excited. Jake Bugg I've seen and the others I think are either terrible or I haven't really listened to them.

Thoughts? Can't say I'm too fussed but I'm not exactly incensed either. A lot of my friends seem overly excited about Blink but whatever. I don't think that the other announcements were very good either.
Original post by Endless Blue
Thoughts? Can't say I'm too fussed but I'm not exactly incensed either. A lot of my friends seem overly excited about Blink but whatever. I don't think that the other announcements were very good either.

Pretty bad for me. Considering Blink headlined 4 years ago which seems far to soon. The only new thing they've brought out is an EP and they don't seem to be big enough to headline these days anyway.

Metronomy I'm quite pleased about. Of Mice and Men aren't too bad. Jake Bugg is pretty good live if you haven't already seen him. The others I haven't really given a listen.

I can see the other headliners being like Arctics and QOTSA. Which is pretty lazy, I'd love QOTSA though tbf.
Reply 35
Pretty bad for me. Considering Blink headlined 4 years ago which seems far to soon. The only new thing they've brought out is an EP and they don't seem to be big enough to headline these days anyway.

Metronomy I'm quite pleased about. Of Mice and Men aren't too bad. Jake Bugg is pretty good live if you haven't already seen him. The others I haven't really given a listen.

I can see the other headliners being like Arctics and QOTSA. Which is pretty lazy, I'd love QOTSA though tbf.

I thought Blink released an album the year after they headlined and they are saying they may have a new one out by the next festival.

I have no interest in anything announced so far. Still plenty of time to go though.

None of the early announcements from the major festivals have impressed me this year.
Original post by Devel
I thought Blink released an album the year after they headlined and they are saying they may have a new one out by the next festival.

I have no interest in anything announced so far. Still plenty of time to go though.

None of the early announcements from the major festivals have impressed me this year.

Yeah but a 3 year old album isn't really 'new.' Yeah they will but I find it hard to have a band headlining based on a band they haven't even brought out yet...it could very well be ****.

Me neither, though Sonisphere has my vote so far.

I could see something along the lines of Blink, Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA/Paramore, urgh.
Reply 37
Yeah but a 3 year old album isn't really 'new.' Yeah they will but I find it hard to have a band headlining based on a band they haven't even brought out yet...it could very well be ****.

Me neither, though Sonisphere has my vote so far.

I could see something along the lines of Blink, Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA/Paramore, urgh.

I think the issue with Blink is that they are a nostalgia act, one that has headlined not long ago and I believe did an arena tour following that. They will draw a lot of people in no doubt, it just isn't interesting.

QOTSA shouldn't accept a joint headline slot and even though they have played a lot neither should Paramore.

It does look unlikely that The Prodigy will be there which is disappointing.
Original post by Devel

I didn't think DL looked great, although Sonisphere didn't look too bad.

If there is indeed supposed to be one British + US band already booked then I can honestly see Sabbath playing. They've recently extended their world tour and it could easily coincide with a R+L slot. They've seemed great since Ozzy's cleaned himself up and I think it could well happen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Endless Blue
I didn't think DL looked great, although Sonisphere didn't look too bad.

Pretty much.

I think it is likely I will just end up at Leeds though as the Lock-Up/Rock stage means there is almost always something on for me. :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest