The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Am I safe?

Hi

I will be going abroad for 10 - 12 weeks any time between 1st April to 31st of July.

A applied uni (4 med and 1 chem if that makes any difference) around 25th September and it got sent to ucas by school around 11th of October.

I know I can apply for student finance early 2014. I have a few questions though.

1) Do I need an offer to apply?
2) If i apply early 2014, is that enough time before i must leave to go abroad
3) Will they need contact with me constantly during the time I will be abroad?

In other words, is it safe to go abroad during the period I choose to without screwing things like Student finance and UCAS over?

Cheers
Original post by A random human
Hi

I will be going abroad for 10 - 12 weeks any time between 1st April to 31st of July.

A applied uni (4 med and 1 chem if that makes any difference) around 25th September and it got sent to ucas by school around 11th of October.

I know I can apply for student finance early 2014. I have a few questions though.

1) Do I need an offer to apply?
2) If i apply early 2014, is that enough time before i must leave to go abroad
3) Will they need contact with me constantly during the time I will be abroad?

In other words, is it safe to go abroad during the period I choose to without screwing things like Student finance and UCAS over?

Cheers

You don't need an offer to apply for finance.

You apply in February 2014. If you apply as soon as it opens, send everything they need and do the application properly, then you might be OK. It usually takes 6 weeks to get it sorted, however if you do one small thing wrong in your application, it can then be dragged out for ages.

No they won't need to contact you. You may have interviews for Universities, which you would need to be available for. Being in another country means you won't be available. UCAS and Student Finance is mainly done online anyways.
Reply 2
If you don't have any offers yet, you just put the uni you want to go to. You can change the uni and course details later on if you need to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending