The Student Room Group

Is 'Biological Physics' difficult?

So I am thinking on entering the 'First Year of Health Sciences' at Otago Uni in New Zealand. I saw that one of the papers that you need to pass is 'Biological Physics', described as :

"Foundations of physics for the health sciences including mechanics, properties of fluids and solids, thermodynamics, optics, electrostatics and DC circuits, and radiation and health."

I am worried because I am not taking Year 12 Physics and I can just pick up Year 13 Physics for next year. And that I have only done Year 11 Physics.

Like is it ok to learn and understand? Do you have to memorize a lot of equations? Is it wordy and less 'maths-y' like Bio?
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't know anything about the course, myself, but I'd say go to your physics department at school and get a book on medical physics? I'm applying to medicine this year and, because I take physics, I asked my physics teacher for a medical physics book and it's got a lot of year 12 physics in a medical/human biological context. For example, the principle of moments in the context of the movement of the arm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending