The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Any completed the life sciences skills audit at Dundee University?

What would be on that test? Any way i could study for that?
Reply 1
I don't know, I have the same test, i sent an email to the university asking them the same question, they still haven't replied
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Hi @anonymous #1,

We ask new students who will be studying modules delivered by the School of Life Sciences to complete the Life Sciences Skills Audit so that the School can assess your proficiency in the physical sciences before you arrive. There are 30 questions and you get up to 4 attempts and up to 55 minutes each time to get more than 75%. The questions change for each new attempt and you'll need a calculator for many of them. You should be aware that just opening it to look at the questions counts as one attempt. If you don't achieve 75%, all it means is that your Advisor of Studies may suggest that you take the 'Numeracy, Chemistry and Physics for the Biological and Biomedical Sciences' module when you get here.

If you've recently taken exams in maths, chemistry or physics then I would go ahead and try the first attempt as that will give you a good idea of what's covered. You'll have up to 55 minutes once you start the test, and your answers will be submitted automatically after that time.

Good luck! :crossedf:

Karen, University of Dundee Enquiry Team

Original post by Anonymous
What would be on that test? Any way i could study for that?
Original post by Julie300
I don't know, I have the same test, i sent an email to the university asking them the same question, they still haven't replied

Hi @Julie300

We ask new students who will be studying modules delivered by the School of Life Sciences to complete the Life Sciences Skills Audit so that the School can assess your proficiency in the physical sciences before you arrive. There are 30 questions and you get up to 4 attempts and up to 55 minutes each time to get more than 75%. The questions change for each new attempt and you'll need a calculator for many of them. You should be aware that just opening it to look at the questions counts as one attempt. If you don't achieve 75%, all it means is that your Advisor of Studies may suggest that you take the 'Numeracy, Chemistry and Physics for the Biological and Biomedical Sciences' module when you get here.

If you've recently taken exams in maths, chemistry or physics then I would go ahead and try the first attempt as that will give you a good idea of what's covered. You'll have up to 55 minutes once you start the test, and your answers will be submitted automatically after that time.

Original post by University of Dundee
Hi @Julie300

So is everything that will be asked higher level? Also what are the interviews like for biological and biomedical sciences?
Can anyone here (who knows the university system at the University of Dundee and its screening process for applicants) please tell me what I can do if I've accidentally missed a skills audit test? I have already written to my prospective School about it, and am waiting for their response as we speak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending