The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lj629
did you receive any offers...?

Nope for HKU and UST...
has anyone receive a email that ask to send the 2010-2011 internal school examination transcripts from HKU? I don't really understand what it is. at that time, I was studying in China. I am currently studying A2 in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justice129
has anyone receive a email that ask to send the 2010-2011 internal school examination transcripts from HKU? I don't really understand what it is. at that time, I was studying in China. I am currently studying A2 in UK.

I did and it was from my second choice (business instead of science...)
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
I did and it was from my second choice (business instead of science...)

So what did u sent to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justice129
So what did u sent to them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent 5h*T to them (which is nothing at all).
I told my school to get contact with HKU and made me a transcript.
Reply 185
Finally application status page for HKU applicants opened!
Did anyone who applied through main round get status changed?
Original post by Manic8
Havnt heard anything for my top 2 choices tho I did get an offer for Actuarial sciences but that's my third choice so won't be taking the offer

HKU operates a progressive choice arrangement according to my knowing. Your first choice first considers you, then if they don't offer you a place they send your application to the second choice and so on. I guess you will only be able to receive one offer from HKU.
Reply 187
Original post by speedbird26
HKU operates a progressive choice arrangement according to my knowing. Your first choice first considers you, then if they don't offer you a place they send your application to the second choice and so on. I guess you will only be able to receive one offer from HKU.

At the moment my top 2 choices are still under consideration so am guessing I still have some hope.
Hey everyone!

So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about CUHK's (Chinese University of Hong Kong) application consideration process? I got an invitation for my second choice programme (Geography and Resource Management), yet I have heard nothing from my first choice (Law). I was wondering if anyone would be in a similar position as me, and whether this means anything in regards to my chances of being accepted for my first choice.

Thank you! :smile:
Like HKU, they do it by priority of choices. If you're unsuccessful for your 1st choice, they'll move to consider you for your 2nd choice. You'll only get 1 offer from CUHK.

So congratz for being accepted for Geography and Resource Management!! :biggrin:
And I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll hear back from Law.
Original post by pinkmemetchi
Like HKU, they do it by priority of choices. If you're unsuccessful for your 1st choice, they'll move to consider you for your 2nd choice. You'll only get 1 offer from CUHK.

So congratz for being accepted for Geography and Resource Management!! :biggrin:
And I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll hear back from Law.

I think it's the opposite, according to my counselor. You can get multiple offers from CUHK but not HKU.
Anyone got offers from HKUST for main round.
I think it's the opposite, according to my counselor. You can get multiple offers from CUHK but not HKU.

Maybe your counselor means CityUniversity, cz that's where you can apply to multiple majors and can hear back from more than one. But I'm pretty sure you only hear back from one for CUHK.

I'm Local Non-Jupas btw.
Just received an offer from HKUST for Business and Management.
Conditional requirement, conditions: IB 35 (including bonus), at least 4 in all courses.
I did my 4-minute interview in JAn.

Did anyone receive an offer too?
BTW, i'm non-jupas, local applicant, taking IB.
Maybe your counselor means CityUniversity, cz that's where you can apply to multiple majors and can hear back from more than one. But I'm pretty sure you only hear back from one for CUHK.

I'm Local Non-Jupas btw.

Sorry! Just wanted to clarify - when I meant invitation, I meant invitation for an interview :colondollar: must've accidentally left that out.

But thanks for all your replies!

Just really hoping to hear back from law :/ and I heard they're not conducting interviews this year anway (for LLB Law)
Just received an offer from HKUST for Business and Management.
Conditional requirement, conditions: IB 35 (including bonus), at least 4 in all courses.
I did my 4-minute interview in JAn.

Did anyone receive an offer too?
BTW, i'm non-jupas, local applicant, taking IB.

Did you apply to GBus as your first choice?
Yes. Do you think that offer will still come? Or is this the only offer that I'll get from HKUST?
Hey, does anyone here know when will offers be given out for CUHK law? :smile:

In addition, has anyone else applied for "fast-track" for law?

Yes. Do you think that offer will still come? Or is this the only offer that I'll get from HKUST?

I think this is it. Got it yesternight too. It was devastating.
(Oh well there's still the never-attainable CUHK...)
Original post by blackhole11
Hey, does anyone here know when will offers be given out for CUHK law? :smile:

In addition, has anyone else applied for "fast-track" for law?

I applied for fast track for law (at HKU)
Haven't had an interview, and only email received is the one back in January from Disha

Apparently, HKU stops giving out offers for fast track in mid-February (today)

:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending