The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If civilization had been left in female hands,we would still be living in grass huts

Poll

yes or no?

the quote is by a woman btw. do you agree or not?

Scroll to see replies

I do not- a woman and a man are no different.
Original post by Pallas Athena
I do not- a woman and a man are no different.

There are some obvious biological differences
No. My hut would be made out of celery :u:
You mean because females in nature tend to be more focused on protecting and raising their young, while the men hunt and explore?

I think human development would be slower if there were no men (but reproduction was unaffected)
If civilization had been left in female hands, they might have succeeded at putting the "civil" in to civilization.
But that would never have been the case though, because the truth about it is that women have to put a lot of time and effort into having children and raising them, while men are traditionally the providers, as they are not physically involved between conception and birth.

People who say men and women are equal really can't think it through very well.

Would women be able to build society on their own? Of course not.

Did men? No. Without women to support them they wouldn't have been able to.

We may have different traditional roles (and feel free to make things as equal as possible if you wish, fair enough, but you will never be 100% equal) but each role is important, and one could not live without the other.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
But that would never have been the case though, because the truth about it is that women have to put a lot of time and effort into having children and raising them, while men are traditionally the providers, as they are not physically involved between conception and birth.

We may have different traditional roles (and feel free to make things as equal as possible if you wish, fair enough, but you will never be 100% equal) but each role is important, and one could not live without the other.

/end thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phillipsherman
There are some obvious biological differences

Of course I would know that- I was not referring to biological differences.
I am a man and I think the poll should be extended to add an option for: 'this is nothing but nonsensical speculation based on gender'.
We'd have no wars, just a bunch of jealous countries not talking to one another.

Sums it up nicely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
no. things would probably be very different; better in some ways, worse in others. but grass huts? I think not.
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
No. My hut would be made out of celery :u:

Yummy :biggrin:
Om nom nom

I've just eaten your hut :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by uktotalgamer
We'd have no wars, just a bunch of jealous countries not talking to one another.

No wars? You do realise throughout history there have been women who have started and fought in wars, such as Cleopatra and even Thatcher started Falkland War.
She clearly underestimates herself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beccac94
No wars? You do realise throughout history there have been women who have started and fought in wars, such as Cleopatra and even Thatcher started Falkland War.

Cleopatra didn't single handedly start a war, and Thatcher retaliated.
Reply 17
Original post by beccac94

while I believe that was a joke, those people were only able to start and fight wars because they were in (male dominated) cultures where wars were a common and expected thing. in a world dominated by women, I think wars would probably be far less common since women are in general less aggressive than men.
(edited 10 years ago)
They would probably be tidy and well ordered grass huts though

Can you imagine if civilization had been left in male hands, we would still be sleeping on the same straw bedding we used a million years ago and probably wouldn't have ever actually changed the straw
Reply 19

Very well put post. OP is obviously biased though and probably just wanted to rustle some jimmies.

Latest

Trending

Trending