The Student Room Group

Choosing a subject

Hi,
I know what I want to study at University, but a lot of my courses are varied. What I mean by that is, at some Uni's I've applied for English and Media or English and Film Studies, but I also like a Film and Media Studies course at a particular University. Is this allowed because I've heard that you can't choose completely different subject areas when applying. Although they are all related to some degree. Please help!! :confused:
There's nothing to stop you from choosing those, UCAS police won't come driving by and ask you to pull over and change your choices. They generally say it because you only have one personal statement in which you can sell yourself to the admissions tutors of the courses you've applied for. For subjects like the ones you're looking to do, they're all very linked together and it would be pretty easy to link them together when writing your personal statement. It's generally given as a warning to someone who's applying to do Art at one university and Chemistry at another, appealing to both admissions tutors just isn't going to happen. Ensure you don't mention the names of the courses specifically and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck with your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending