The Student Room Group

Which A level subjects should I choose

Hello, I don’t know which subject to choose for my A level.exam in oct/nov 2023
I don’t want something hard I want to choose the easiest subjects so I can remember them easily but everything seems so hard.
I was planning to choose French but since I’m fluent I think it’s wrong to do it.
I was also planning to choose history, geography and English language but after looking at the syllabus they seem hard :frown:
Can anyone suggest some easy subjects?
Reply 1
I’m currently a sixth form student myself, and to cut it short, all a level subjects are hard. Yes some maybe easier than others but all have the requirement that you remember the content and be more independent. For essay based subjects like mine, i would say that the workload is crazy, and teachers will expect you to rely more on yourself, also the content is really heavy and so more responsibilities are required when it comes to stuff such as revision etc..
Considering your choosing History and Geography, I’m pretty sure you are aware that both include you completing an NEA (non examined assessment) and so choosing both may be hard but that shouldn’t scare you.
My tips, choose the subjects that you feel comfortable with, make sure your three a level combinations are a good enough mixture for you to get into university, and finally, yes sixth form can be quite scary but at the same time, as long as you keep up with your work and start revising from day 1, all should be fine!
SO SORRY FOR THE LONG PARAGRAPH LOL! (Hope this helps tho)
Every subject has it pros/cons, and some bits are harder than other/easy than others. I personally don't take a levels but btecs; I find it is better than alevels as there is a divide between exams and coursework.
Reply 3
In short, no A-level is easy. Pick subjects based on what you want to go into, for example I want to go into veterinary so I knew I needed to take biology and chemistry. if you don't know that, then pick what you enjoy, you are much more likely to retain information that way. For example, even though biology is arguably one of the harder subjects, I haven't found it too bad because I enjoy it, whereas I struggle with chemistry as I don't find it interesting. Overall just stay ontop of your work and don't be scared of asking your teachers for help, they should be happy to assist :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest