The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 rejection thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
*Rejection from St Andrews A100*
Gap-year undergrad applicant
Was totally not expecting this, since St A. was my 'back-up'!
A-Levels ACHIEVED: A*A*A* (Bio, chem and maths, respectively)
AS Levels: abb (+ b at AS Physics)
GCSE: 4A*s,1A +3Dist*s(BTECs)
UKCAT: 740 Band 2

What the heck is going on??!

also expecting my Imperial A100 rejection (due to terrible score in BMAT S1: 4.0, 7.6, 3.5A)

Just King's and Leicester left now...

Leicester A100 pre-interview score: 59/60- still awaiting interview selection? ... any idea whether it will be in December interview period or post-new year??

King's: not a clue, don't know whether my UKCAT (740) and GCSE A*s(proper GCSES/ not BTECs)- 4A*S will make the cut! Any help, anyone know how king's is inviting for interviews and how their interviews are like?

REALLY stressing out now!
Reply 61
Original post by waheed786

also expecting my Imperial A100 rejection (due to terrible score in BMAT S1: 4.0, 7.6, 3.5A)

Leicester A100 pre-interview score: 59/60- still awaiting interview selection? ... any idea whether it will be in December interview period or post-new year??

King's: not a clue, don't know whether my UKCAT (740) and GCSE A*s(proper GCSES/ not BTECs)- 4A*S will make the cut! Any help, anyone know how king's is inviting for interviews and how their interviews are like?

That's insane, did you have a bad interview or something (if you had one?)? I've no chance if they're rejecting straight A* students high a UKCAT, got a B in maths and only 665 average.

As I keep being told however, you only need one acceptance to get in! With those stats your bound to get an offer so don't worry!
If I haven't already posted on here.

Rejection from Manchester. I got it a bit more than a week ago. Probably due to my UKCAT of 695.
Just wanted to offer some advice:

Getting into medicine will be one of the most emotionally/mentally/physically draining things you will go through. But perseverance is the key.

If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen. If it doesn't go right the same time, you try again.

It took me a couple goes to get in, but now as a second year Leicester medic, I couldn't be happier.

All the best guys :smile:
Reply 64
so far I have 1 interview (from HYMS) but I feel I will soon be rejected by Aberdeen :/.
Reply 65
Original post by waheed786

Your stats are INSANE! As everyone before has said, if you want it bad enough trust me, you'll definitely get in with your stats! I know a friend who's been given an interview with Kings but that's all so far..
hi, what should you do if you get rejected even when you re-apply next year. is is just better to do bio-med the first year.
and is it possible for you to apply for medicine while you are doing the Bio-med

Reply 67
Original post by fallenangel
Just wanted to offer some advice:

Getting into medicine will be one of the most emotionally/mentally/physically draining things you will go through. But perseverance is the key.

If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen. If it doesn't go right the same time, you try again.

It took me a couple goes to get in, but now as a second year Leicester medic, I couldn't be happier.

All the best guys :smile:

Woo Leicester medics! :smile:

But this is fantastic advice, its a horrible time and sometimes it all seems like its going wrong.

But as hard as it seems try to stay positive, a rejection isn't the end of the world (as awful as getting one is) and not hearing anything isn't necessarily bad either.

Good luck guys! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirimin
Woo Leicester medics! :smile:

But this is fantastic advice, its a horrible time and sometimes it all seems like its going wrong.

But as hard as it seems try to stay positive, a rejection isn't the end of the world (as awful as getting one is) and not hearing anything isn't necessarily bad either.

Good luck guys! :smile:

I'm going to assume you're also a Leicester medic :tongue:

I perhaps should also say that things don't become magically easier once you get a place.

The pace and volume of the content is relentless and you'll spend a lot of time at your desk studying.

You need to make sure that you're committed to a life of long hours, hard work and being anti
-social at times.

BUT, if you're sure it's for you then you'll absolutely love geeking it out and learning about the millions of conditions out there.

Hang in there guys :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by fallenangel
I'm going to assume you're also a Leicester medic :tongue:

I perhaps should also say that things don't become magically easier once you get a place.

The pace and volume of the content is relentless and you'll spend a lot of time at your desk studying.

You need to make sure that you're committed to a life of long hours, hard work and being anti
-social at times.

BUT, if you're sure it's for you then you'll absolutely love geeking it out and learning about the millions of conditions out there.

Hang in there guys :smile:

You assume correctly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Mohid Khan
hi, what should you do if you get rejected even when you re-apply next year. is is just better to do bio-med the first year.
and is it possible for you to apply for medicine while you are doing the Bio-med

Hey as a former biomedical science graduate... it is very hard to get transferred while doing your degree unless your an exceptional student. However, you can apply during your in your final year to enter medicine the next academic year. I hope that answers your question.
Original post by unnati212
Hey as a former biomedical science graduate... it is very hard to get transferred while doing your degree unless your an exceptional student. However, you can apply during your in your final year to enter medicine the next academic year. I hope that answers your question.

ok, cheers:cheers:
Got rejected by glasgow :frown:... Didn't actually apply to glasgow though
Original post by Scottish cutie
Got rejected by glasgow :frown:... Didn't actually apply to glasgow though

How does that work...? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
How does that work...? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

They messed up the emails.
I panicked when I read it though because I didn't apply there as I didn't have the grades.
They messed up the emails.
I panicked when I read it though because I didn't apply there as I didn't have the grades.

Are you a fellow 4 A's and a B? That's why I didn't apply to them! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by am1992
That's insane, did you have a bad interview or something (if you had one?)? I've no chance if they're rejecting straight A* students high a UKCAT, got a B in maths and only 665 average.

As I keep being told however, you only need one acceptance to get in! With those stats your bound to get an offer so don't worry!

If I didn't make it clear ladies and gentlemen... it was a PRE-interview REJECTION! That's what I find so annoying, and can't possible understand why they outright rejected me before interview...!
Reply 77
Original post by ceeintee
Your stats are INSANE! As everyone before has said, if you want it bad enough trust me, you'll definitely get in with your stats! I know a friend who's been given an interview with Kings but that's all so far..

Thanks my friend, means a lot, I've worked incredibly hard for this hopefully god-willing I will get accepted into medicine this year.

I'm on my gap-year which is the annoying thing..
Pre-interview rejection at St Andrews with 3A*s at A-level (bio,chem and maths)...

... you heard it here first!
Ridiculous..
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
Are you a fellow 4 A's and a B? That's why I didn't apply to them! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :smile: there's so many of us. Damn you english :P
I am :smile: there's so many of us. Damn you english :P

Damn them! Where have you applied? And have you heard from anywhere? I haven't and I'm freaking that my B will screw me over. Again! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending