The Student Room Group

Ian Watkins pleads guilty to a string of sex offences (UPDATE: 35 years in prison)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mddub39
Obviously this is disgusting and disturbing, and that's to put it mildly. However anyone associating the whole band with this is a complete and utter idiot, look at their guitarist and producer's twitter- they're probably the most horrified people out there. They've had their whole lives work ruined too, Start Something was such a fantastic album too.

How can people be so sick?

the band broke up because of it lol so you can see how they feel
Reply 21
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
Too early for jokes...........?

Never too early for jokes :wink:
Reply 22
Words can't describe how sickening this is. A lot of stuff has been removed from articles because it's just too horrific. Obviously, there is a reason he has done this. Could have been abused himself. Nonetheless, absolutely no excuse for what he has done
If you think the basis of the case is sickening, read this: http://www.nme.com/news/lostprophets/74073

It's absolutely unbelievable regardless of his fame. Horrible.
Original post by hannahhaworth
If you think the basis of the case is sickening, read this: http://www.nme.com/news/lostprophets/74073

so disgusting it almost makes gary glitter look innocent in comparison.
Original post by tillytots
so disgusting it almost makes gary glitter look innocent in comparison.

Erm............. not quite.
Reply 26
Original post by Steezy
How does one... rape a baby?

Here's a key quote from the BBC article about it (spoilered because it paints a pretty sickening mental picture)

Spoiler

Wow, didn't realise just how messed up he was :s-smilie:
Original post by the bear
you had a lucky escape. this guy is worse than Jimmy Savile

I wish he had never committed the offences, though at least he has been caught and will probably serve a long sentence inside, which may mean something to the victims or their families. Jimmy Savile's many victims never saw justice.
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
Erm............. not quite.

I kinda meant it in the way that I hope this guy gets the same treatment GG gets from everyone, both have committed absolutely disgusting acts. My bad wording, sorry.
Reply 30
Original post by barnetlad
I wish he had never committed the offences, though at least he has been caught and will probably serve a long sentence inside, which may mean something to the victims or their families. Jimmy Savile's many victims never saw justice.

I'd be surprised if he even saw his sentence out. Either he'll kill himself or someone in prison will do it. Knowing the general attitude to Paedophiles in prison, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter eventually happened.
Original post by Over2you
I'd be surprised if he even saw his sentence out. Either he'll kill himself or someone in prison will do it. Knowing the general attitude to Paedophiles in prison, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter eventually happened.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he did it himself. I don't see how he can possibly come back from this once he's served his sentence, not that he deserves to.

Makes you sick to your stomach reading about what he's done.
Reply 33
Original post by oldham_fran
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he did it himself. I don't see how he can possibly come back from this once he's served his sentence, not that he deserves to.

Makes you sick to your stomach reading about what he's done.

Totally agree. I don't even think they should have showed it on prime time news, either. Should have just left it to the newspapers to discuss. At least that way, much of what he has done i kept away from innocent eyes.
Disgusting.
I actually used to like Lostprophets when I was 14 :frown:

Oh my God...

One of the more sickening parts of that is actually the complicity of the mothers. How could you do that to any child, but your own, no less?

One of those cases where it really wouldn't bother me if he got beaten to death in prison. Jesus.
Reply 36
Original post by Maid Marian
Disgusting.
I actually used to like Lostprophets when I was 14 :frown:

They were one of the first bands I ever saw live.
I swear it says somewhere that the mother helped. That is truly sick. Pure evil. The comments have been disabled on all of the bands youtube videos. I feel awful for the other guys in the band, they'll forever be associated with the evil ****. To think I used to listen to LP in high school.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38

Wow. Reading about it is enough to make you sick.

How can anybody be so depraved? What sort of person refers to their own baby as someone else's "**** toy"?
Poor babies :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending