The Student Room Group

Single Justice Procedure Notice for TFL fare

hey, so I used my sister's ZIP card on the bus instead of my own as my travelcard on my student oyster had just ran out and I needed to get on the bus
unfortunately inspectors came onto the bus and I got caught and have now been sent a single justice procedure notice for avoiding the fare
i've been sent the notice and asked to plead guilty or not guilty and whether i want to go to court
if i plead guilty, will this affect me in the future as I am currently a first year med student - does it appear on my criminal record and DBS etc??
should i seek help from a lawyer?
im really worried as at the time, i did not think much of it because it's such a small fare
any help would be appreciated, thank you!

You are using examples of repeated fare dodgers and someone who spat at a police officer. It really is not helpful.
Original post by c_u_r_r_y
hey, so I used my sister's ZIP card on the bus instead of my own as my travelcard on my student oyster had just ran out and I needed to get on the bus
unfortunately inspectors came onto the bus and I got caught and have now been sent a single justice procedure notice for avoiding the fare
i've been sent the notice and asked to plead guilty or not guilty and whether i want to go to court
if i plead guilty, will this affect me in the future as I am currently a first year med student - does it appear on my criminal record and DBS etc??
should i seek help from a lawyer?
im really worried as at the time, i did not think much of it because it's such a small fare
any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Can’t give any specific advice other than try speaking to someone in the BMA.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
You are using examples of repeated fare dodgers and someone who spat at a police officer. It really is not helpful.

do you have a Primary Qualifying Degree...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending