The Student Room Group

Anyone applied to the Cambridge MPhil ISMM course 2014/15?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surfman90
Hi, I went for my interview 3 weeks ago and just received the recommendation from the department. My status has now changed to "application with degree committee" . Does anyone know how long it takes to move to the BGS and how likely it is for me to get rejected at this stage?

Hi, I was already offered a place by ISMM. I cannot guarantee that you can 100 percents get a offer when your application is within the degree committee. But once you pass that stage to the BGS, I think you are almost successful. For me, when I checked my self page, the status was already updated to application within BGS so I don't know how much time it has taken from the degree committee to the BGS. But I think you are very likely to get the offer. Hopefully we can see each other in October in Cambridge! Good luck!
Original post by pac1
anyone else going to Wolfson?

Hi, I am going to Wolfson. Any tips for the accommondation?
Hey Guys!! My application status changed to :"Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies" on 2nd of July. Really anxious and nervous.
Reply 43
Original post by Dare_Devil
Hey Guys!! My application status changed to :"Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies" on 2nd of July. Really anxious and nervous.

Good luck!
Reply 44

I wish you the best of luck.. could you tell me when did you have your interview?
Original post by hibab1
I wish you the best of luck.. could you tell me when did you have your interview?

5th June. What about you?
Original post by pac1
Good luck!

Thanks. Is it certain to get a conditional offer after reaching this stage or I should still worry ??
Reply 47
Thanks. Is it certain to get a conditional offer after reaching this stage or I should still worry ??

You should be okay from what I hear!
Reply 48
5th June. What about you?

2nd of July.. i don't know how long I should wait at this stage..
Original post by hibab1
2nd of July.. i don't know how long I should wait at this stage..

which stage is that?
Reply 50
which stage is that?

under consideration from Department, i don't know how long i am expected to wait until I hear back from the department.
Original post by hibab1
under consideration from Department, i don't know how long i am expected to wait until I hear back from the department.

When did you apply? Have you given the interview?
Reply 52
When did you apply? Have you given the interview?

I have applied in the mid of June and had my interview 2nd of July
Original post by hibab1
I have applied in the mid of June and had my interview 2nd of July

Good luck mate. Keep us posted
My status changed to: Application awaiting approval by BGS
I don't know how different it is from Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies
Hey guys!!! Finally received conditional offer. See you all in October :-)
Reply 56

Superb! I just got my offer confirmed following my conditions being met.
Reply 57
Heeey guys... My status has now changed to "application with degree committee" . does anyone know how long it takes until my application moves to the next stage??
Reply 58

hey can you tell me what the conditions are on a conditional offer? I am awaiting approval from the BoGS stage.. :\
Original post by prt04
hey can you tell me what the conditions are on a conditional offer? I am awaiting approval from the BoGS stage.. :\

1. English language assessment
2. Orignal Transcripts
3. College Membership

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending