The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official MPhil Economics/Economic Research etc Cambridge 2024 Thread

Hi All,
Seems like not many of us have heard back yet despite submitting applications over 12 weeks ago.

All updates/discussions welcome including all other variants (Economics + Finance, PhD, Advance Diploma etc)
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

My application is still under review as well. I've seen some getting the PAO status so I'm wondering if I should be worried. Also isthere a confirmation that we would hear on Feb 1st?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
My application is still under review as well. I've seen some getting the PAO status so I'm wondering if I should be worried. Also isthere a confirmation that we would hear on Feb 1st?

I think a couple people who applied in November have been given a Feb 1st Deadline to hear back by!

Mine also still under review :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #1

What course ?
I’m still under review for finance and econ
Is the feb 1st applicable to mphil in finance as well?
Original post by Anonymous #3
I’m still under review for finance and econ

Finance and Econ - been under review for nearly 12 weeks now.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Finance and Econ - been under review for nearly 12 weeks now.

I saw a few people make it to PAO (only exceptional ones tho) everyone should heard back by mid feb max
Original post by Anonymous #4
I saw a few people make it to PAO (only exceptional ones tho) everyone should heard back by mid feb max

Any idea what classifies as ‘exceptional’?

& my comms with them suggested before 1st Feb (i.e today) but have they said mid-Feb to you?

& my comms with them suggested before 1st Feb (i.e today) but have they said mid-Feb to you?

Was it the department that said this to you?

I assume the other person is saying mid-Feb based on last year.

Last year there was a round of PAO’s on the 9th and then again at the end of Feb.

I can’t wait that long honestly… one or two people who have been PAO’d applied very early (September)

Yes I was told we would hear ‘by Feb 1st’
Original post by Anonymous #2

Last year there was a round of PAO’s on the 9th and then again at the end of Feb.

I can’t wait that long honestly… one or two people who have been PAO’d applied very early (September)

I think so too

Yes- PG admissions for the econ dept around 12th Jan in an email
Someone who has already moved to PAO had a call with the admissions team. The person inferred from the admissions team we should hear back from now until early next week
Original post by Anonymous #2

Yea thats exactly what I meant, spoke with a few alums and read multiple posts on this forum. I am sorry if my wording made it confusing, you guys are totally fine. Wish everyone a very good luck with their applications!
Reply 16
Not sure about the relevance of this but wasn’t the Degree Committee meeting today (Jan 31st) for the econ dept?
Reply 17
Original post by dvivi17
Not sure about the relevance of this but wasn’t the Degree Committee meeting today (Jan 31st) for the econ dept?

Hi where did you see this? Like am I missing something? 😭😭
Also guys they will send a rejection mail right? A lot of rejection emails were sent out today for the MBA students almost like a mass rejection on Gmat club (mba seems pretty tough to get in)
Reply 19
Original post by Saach
Hi where did you see this? Like am I missing something? 😭😭

They posted a link to it on the other thread with dates for all departments i’ll copy it here if I find it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending