Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Missmai10
Official thread for all applicants

Has anyone started applying yet?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hey, yes I applied a couple of weeks ago (with both references submitted) and I have just found out today it has moved to PAO approval :smile: I'm hearing that is definitely a good sign. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 3
I submitted mine 3 weeks ago but one of my referees has been ill so I'm waiting on them for a reference!
Reply 4
Original post by JaneAus
Hey, yes I applied a couple of weeks ago (with both references submitted) and I have just found out today it has moved to PAO approval :smile: I'm hearing that is definitely a good sign. Anyone else in the same boat?

Referees were all submitted last week but still at the under review by department stage. I can't find anyone else applying for this course so i'm taking that as a good sign!
That's good, hope you get an update quickly :smile: Whereabouts are you from?
Reply 6
Original post by JaneAus
That's good, hope you get an update quickly :smile: Whereabouts are you from?

Thank you! I'm from England, I'm currently completing my final year at University in Nottingham. Where abouts are you from? Are you applying for anywhere else?
Original post by JaneAus

Hii, did you get an offer shortly after the PAO status change? I found out yesterday my application status has moved to PAO. I'm hoping to get some info on when I can expect a decision. Thanks!
Referees were all submitted last week but still at the under review by department stage. I can't find anyone else applying for this course so i'm taking that as a good sign!

Hi have you heard back from them yet?
Hello - it took about 10 days - that was back in November though so might be different
Reply 10
Original post by MirandaQY
Hi have you heard back from them yet?

Hi, I got moved to PAO on Thursday and received a conditional offer on Friday! Just waiting to hear back from colleges now. Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
Original post by JaneAus
Hello - it took about 10 days - that was back in November though so might be different

Thank you! I just got the conditional offer today, so excited!
Does anyone know the difference in acceptance rate or number of places in the Oxford Criminology Msc vs the Cambridge MPhil?
Reply 13
Original post by JaneAus
Does anyone know the difference in acceptance rate or number of places in the Oxford Criminology Msc vs the Cambridge MPhil?

To my knowledge by looking online, Oxford has a lower acceptance rate whilst Cambridge has an acceptance rate of 75%. The number of places available for the Oxford course are on their website but I am unsure regarding Cambridge.

On a separate note, I would like to slightly change my research topic. Should I email the department and if so does anyone know how to contact them?
Hi. Nice to see a thread specifically for Criminological Research. By the way, I applied on Jan. 5 and noticed around 2 or 3 days ago that my status is awaiting PAO's approval. Been dying to finally get a conditional offer for days now that's why I searched the internet for a forum like this. Hope to finally meet you all soon!
Is anyone here applying for the Wakefield Scholarship? (Just for Aus, NZ and Canadian applicants)
(edited 2 years ago)
Has anyone, especially PhD students, heard back about the ESRC studentships?
Reply 17
Did anyone here apply for Oxford MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice? Please let me know if you heard back.
Has anyone applied to both the MPhil Criminology as well as MPhil Criminological Research? :smile:
Official thread for all applicants

Tbh, I’m kinda jealous haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending