The Student Room Group

Biomedical Engineering Anyone!

Is there anyone hoping to study biomedical engineering? If so, where have you applied to and have you received and offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melli_
Is there anyone hoping to study biomedical engineering? If so, where have you applied to and have you received and offers yet?

I am! :smile: Ive applied to UCL, Queen Mary, Surrey, Cardiff and Strathclyde. Got an offer from queen mary and an interview at strathclyde, waiting for UCL!
Reply 2
Original post by mtaki14
I am! :smile: Ive applied to UCL, Queen Mary, Surrey, Cardiff and Strathclyde. Got an offer from queen mary and an interview at strathclyde, waiting for UCL!

Hello! I'm waiting for UCL too. What Alevels are you taking? Btw Good Luck!!!! There are not many of us are there.
Original post by Melli_
Hello! I'm waiting for UCL too. What Alevels are you taking? Btw Good Luck!!!! There are not many of us are there.

Hey, thats cool! Im doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths, you? Thats true, its a new course at UCL so Im guessing we might have to wait a bit longer!
Reply 4
Hello!
I've applied for Biomedical Engineering at UCL, Queen Mary, City and Westminister. Got offers from City and Westminister ... waiting for UCL and Queen Marys :smile:

I hope we all get into whichever ones we want :smile:
Goodluck everyone!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mtaki14
Hey, thats cool! Im doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths, you? Thats true, its a new course at UCL so Im guessing we might have to wait a bit longer!

Is that so? I hate waiting. I just feel I'll get rejected cus my AS grades weren't the best. :frown: Biology, Physics and Maths. I realised too upon applying. I don't know if that's more risky.
Reply 6
Original post by HQazi
Hello!
I've applied for Biomedical Engineering at UCL, Queen Mary, City and Westminister. Got an offer from City and Westminister ... waiting for UCL and Queen Marys :smile:

I hope we all get into whichever ones we want :smile:
Goodluck everyone!

Congrats!! That is sooo good. I didn't know Queen Mary's did the subject as an undergraduate course :frown: Good luck to you too!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Melli_
Congrats!! That is sooo good. I didn't know Queen Mary's did the subject as an undergraduate course :frown: Good luck to you too!:smile:

Thank you :smile:
Yeah they do. Biomedical engineering and Medical engineering... :wink:

Still haven't heard from QM... so scared :frown:
Reply 8
Does anyone have skype interviews for BME? D:
Original post by Melli_
Is that so? I hate waiting. I just feel I'll get rejected cus my AS grades weren't the best. :frown: Biology, Physics and Maths. I realised too upon applying. I don't know if that's more risky.

Same, I'd rather they just reply now than having to wait and getting rejected in the end. My AS grades werent great either, as I have witnessed with a couple of rejections already :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by HQazi
Thank you :smile:
Yeah they do. Biomedical engineering and Medical engineering... :wink:

Still haven't heard from QM... so scared :frown:

Don't be! They are taking their time so that you can get the best offer. Tbh we are all in the same boat. I am scared of what UCL will say as well.
Reply 11
Original post by mtaki14
Same, I'd rather they just reply now than having to wait and getting rejected in the end. My AS grades werent great either, as I have witnessed with a couple of rejections already :s-smilie:

I know that will be just terrible. I'd cry sooooo hard. I have had rejections too but if you really want to study the subject there is no stopping you. Keep your spirit up it's Christmas!!!
Original post by Melli_
I know that will be just terrible. I'd cry sooooo hard. I have had rejections too but if you really want to study the subject there is no stopping you. Keep your spirit up it's Christmas!!!

Thats true, I might be taking a gap year so ill apply again next year. Hopefully they'll reply sooner than you think! :smile:
Reply 13
Guys, whoever has applied to UCL, anyone got a reply yet? I'm a tad bit worried :frown:
Hey, I'm from Scotland and applied to two Biomedical Engineering courses in Scotland (Glasgow and Strathclyde) and I got two unconditionals! I don't know how to choose between them and because they're quite new courses there's not an awful lot about which one is better! Good Luck to everyone who has got interviews:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by HQazi
Guys, whoever has applied to UCL, anyone got a reply yet? I'm a tad bit worried :frown:

Nope not yet!! I think they are waiting until after Jan 15th
Reply 16
Original post by cupofteawithsuga
Hey, I'm from Scotland and applied to two Biomedical Engineering courses in Scotland (Glasgow and Strathclyde) and I got two unconditionals! I don't know how to choose between them and because they're quite new courses there's not an awful lot about which one is better! Good Luck to everyone who has got interviews:smile:

Well done! Good luck on your course. Choose Glasgow. Almost applied there but it's too cold there
Reply 17
Original post by mtaki14
Thats true, I might be taking a gap year so ill apply again next year. Hopefully they'll reply sooner than you think! :smile:

I don't want to take a gap year. I don't know what i'd doooo! Good luck to you for even thinking about it. I think it's really brave. Hope you had a great Christmas!
Original post by Melli_
I don't want to take a gap year. I don't know what i'd doooo! Good luck to you for even thinking about it. I think it's really brave. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Tbh neither do I, but ill be forced to as I probably wont get a loan, so I might have to wait another year until uni unfortunately. Ill most likely do another a-level like physics, guess it would help when I eventually do start the course!
Reply 19
Original post by mtaki14
Tbh neither do I, but ill be forced to as I probably wont get a loan, so I might have to wait another year until uni unfortunately. Ill most likely do another a-level like physics, guess it would help when I eventually do start the course!

Providing you do something productive, be it working, travelling or volunteering, a gap year can be the best thing that ever happened to you. Take advantage. Boost your CV. Gain life experience.

Quick Reply

Latest