The Student Room Group

Clinical engineering

I would like to get into a career in biomedical engineering, specifically in the field where i’m working in actual hospitals. Maybe with the NHS. I would like to knoe the best path to get to this stage. I currently study Further maths, English Language and Fine Art, and achieved a grade B in Maths and am predicted a B in Further Maths, a B in English Language and an A* in Fine Art. Does this mean that universities that have an entry requirement of AAB wont accept me for my ucas application due to having mostly B’s?

Is it better to get an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering then get a masters in biomedical which would lead to becoming a clinical engineer as for the NHS you get 3 years training as a masters in clinical engineering. Or should I get a bachelors in Biomedical engineering instead, and then go into the clinical engineering training or maybe also a masters in biomedical? If anyone knows the best route I can take then that would be a great help. Thanks :smile:

And it would be helpful to know what the best universities are based on my predicted grades if anyone has any knowledge on that.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest