The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

PGCE 2014 Applicants QUB (Queen's University Belfast)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, thought I'd jump in for a comment here. I also applied for PGCE English. Interview was terrible, but I live in hope lol. Can't wait to hear something so at least I can decide what I'm doing next year. Over in Hungary teaching English atm, so hopefully they mail before they send out a letter!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Diarmuid_9
I applied for religion. How about you?

I applied for English. Still waiting to hear!
Reply 182
I've applied for the English PGCE too. Has anyone heard yet?
Reply 183
No English isn't out yet still waiting :frown: hopefully it will be soon :smile:
Aw I'm so nervous over it now lol. Can't believe they're making us wait so long to hear. Hopefully by the end of this week... I hope it doesn't go on until May like other years.
Reply 185
I'm just glad I'm not the only one waiting :smile:
The waiting is terrible. We all need to plan ahead for next year and it's really difficult when we still haven't heard.
Reply 187
I think if we all still haven't heard by tomorrow, we should telephone them en masse so they know that we're putting the pressure on! Anyone with me?

It seems a bit unfair that everyone else heard and not us, and there isn't the excuse of not knowing the numbers this year...
Reply 188
I got a reply to an email I sent them which said that we will hear in the next few weeks. They said the last interview was delayed due to circumstances beyond their control.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Crody1912
I think if we all still haven't heard by tomorrow, we should telephone them en masse so they know that we're putting the pressure on! Anyone with me?

It seems a bit unfair that everyone else heard and not us, and there isn't the excuse of not knowing the numbers this year...

I'm with you!
Original post by Tuesday_H
I got a reply to an email I sent them which said that we will hear in the next few weeks. They said the last interview was delayed due to circumstances beyond their control.

When I phoned at the very beginning of last week I was told that it wouldn't be any time that week that we would hear but it should be next week i.e. this week!
Reply 191
Hi everyone just thought I would add to this... i applied for PGCE English at qub last year and had my interview Jan 2013. At interview I was told I would hear the result in March at the latest... i waited until the second week of june for my one sentence decline letter. Qub english treat applicants unfairly and dont care or appreciate how tense this waiting game is for us. Was told(after requesting feedback) i had no experience which let me down. Took this onboard and got a TA job in september 2014 where I am still working. Applied again for the 2014 pgce ...didnt even get an interview?! Qub know exactly who they want..they have results of degrees long before we get them and that is why the wait is so long. Its not who you are or what you can bring to teaching...its what grades you have. Well done to all who get on, its such an achievement..and to anyone who doesnt get the news they want..chin up and keep applying to everywhere :smile:
Original post by lluum1014
Hi everyone just thought I would add to this... i applied for PGCE English at qub last year and had my interview Jan 2013. At interview I was told I would hear the result in March at the latest... i waited until the second week of june for my one sentence decline letter. Qub english treat applicants unfairly and dont care or appreciate how tense this waiting game is for us. Was told(after requesting feedback) i had no experience which let me down. Took this onboard and got a TA job in september 2014 where I am still working. Applied again for the 2014 pgce ...didnt even get an interview?! Qub know exactly who they want..they have results of degrees long before we get them and that is why the wait is so long. Its not who you are or what you can bring to teaching...its what grades you have. Well done to all who get on, its such an achievement..and to anyone who doesnt get the news they want..chin up and keep applying to everywhere :smile:

Seriously?! They rejected you outright! Have you applied elsewhere? And I'm glad you've told us of your experience, just shows how picky Queens can be?! I got rejected twice and feedback for both times was the exact same, just seemed like a generic letter they send to everyone who fails to get in!
Reply 193
Original post by Crody1912

I'm going to phone tomorrow this is so unfair to everyone :frown:
Hey guys, I believe I may be the problem here. I read further up that the delay was due to the last interview being changed due to circumstances out of their control. I am teaching English in Germany at the minute and was given an interview with 5 days notice last week but had to push it back due to flights being so expensive. My interview for the PGCE in Irish and German is on Tuesday morning so maybe you will all know by Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. If anybody that has done an interview for modern languages has any advice on the interview it would be greatly appreciated. I am completely lost as to how to prepare. I apologise if I am the cause of the delay also.
Reply 195
Original post by mickyfitz13
Seriously?! They rejected you outright! Have you applied elsewhere? And I'm glad you've told us of your experience, just shows how picky Queens can be?! I got rejected twice and feedback for both times was the exact same, just seemed like a generic letter they send to everyone who fails to get in!

Hi, yes rejected straight away not even an interview. This just proves even their feedback isnt honest! So sorry to sound disheartening for all those waiting... its such a stressful time. Im waiting to hear from UU coleraine pgce. Have secured my TA job for another year so its good to have a backup if pgce unsuccessful for another year! Really hope people on herr get some good news :smile:)
I e-mailed today and have just received an e-mail back to say that the final interview was conducted today and they will now go about ranking scores so they hope we will hear soon.
Original post by wainwright1991
Hey guys, I believe I may be the problem here. I read further up that the delay was due to the last interview being changed due to circumstances out of their control. I am teaching English in Germany at the minute and was given an interview with 5 days notice last week but had to push it back due to flights being so expensive. My interview for the PGCE in Irish and German is on Tuesday morning so maybe you will all know by Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. If anybody that has done an interview for modern languages has any advice on the interview it would be greatly appreciated. I am completely lost as to how to prepare. I apologise if I am the cause of the delay also.

Hi there, most of us are waiting to hear about English and the delay is due to one of the panel members being ill so don't be worrying!
Reply 198
Original post by Cazza14
I e-mailed today and have just received an e-mail back to say that the final interview was conducted today and they will now go about ranking scores so they hope we will hear soon.

Where are all these last minute English interviews come from? This seems to be their usual excuse!

Thanks for emailing though!
Original post by lluum1014
Hi, yes rejected straight away not even an interview. This just proves even their feedback isnt honest! So sorry to sound disheartening for all those waiting... its such a stressful time. Im waiting to hear from UU coleraine pgce. Have secured my TA job for another year so its good to have a backup if pgce unsuccessful for another year! Really hope people on herr get some good news :smile:)

Glad you're sorted for another year in case you don't get into a course! Have you ever thought of applying across the water? I followed up the feedback email concerning the fact that it was to similar to last year's feedback and concerning the content (such as experience and mock interviews which I both did), just didn't see the point in them putting me through the entire process of the interview and all only to reject me again! What did you think of last year's interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending