The Student Room Group

Suggestion needed for QUB AND QMUL

Hello! I have received admission offers from Queen's University Belfast (QUB) and Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) for a Master's program in Politics and International Relations. As an international student, I am quite confused about which offer would be more beneficial for my career aspirations, future Ph.D. studies, and overall life opportunities and learning experiences. Can you please guide me in making this decision?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jahaan1406
Hello! I have received admission offers from Queen's University Belfast (QUB) and Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) for a Master's program in Politics and International Relations. As an international student, I am quite confused about which offer would be more beneficial for my career aspirations, future Ph.D. studies, and overall life opportunities and learning experiences. Can you please guide me in making this decision?

QMUL ranks a bit higher for politics overall than QUB, but not by much. In terms of location, I’d say they are both ideal for your course due to being capital cities. London is of course much larger and is the centre of that UK’s political power. However, there is also much political interest in Northern Ireland currently with Stormont/the NI assembly being recalled. Both are Russell Group unis though so they’re top in the UK and either would be beneficial for career prospects/teaching and research quality etc. Perhaps you could research more regarding social life/individual course content/accommodation etc depending on what is important to you in order to further aid in your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending