The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

PGCE 2014 Applicants QUB (Queen's University Belfast)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jonny86
Yeah got accepted for IT :smile:. Thought there was absolutely no way I had got in, the interview was over skype and it kept lagging which really put me off. Still torn between Queen's and Strawberry Hill though, got an interview there in two weeks. Reckon the school's here would be much better though so thinking I'll stick with Queen's. Good luck if you're waiting on a response!

Already got a response, was rejected, but going to Dundee instead...
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 81
Aww well done Crisp :smile: thats a weight off your mind:smile: I am still pending atm I applied for English hopefully I will know soon :smile: Congrats again
Reply 82
Original post by Paza
Aww well done Crisp :smile: thats a weight off your mind:smile: I am still pending atm I applied for English hopefully I will know soon :smile: Congrats again

Cheers Paza...hopefully you will hear soon and the wait will be over too. Looking forward to a fresh start :smile: let's us know how you get on!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
Yea Chrisp ..... A fresh start would be good :smile: I'm so ready for it :smile: I will keep in touch :smile:
Reply 84
Decision still pending for me too. Definitely don't think there's a chance I'll get it but:frown:
Reply 85
My decision is still pending. Dono if this is a good or bad sign esp with people having offers already.
Original post by Mor14
My decision is still pending. Dono if this is a good or bad sign esp with people having offers already.

Well it can't be either cause I was unsuccessful and I was the first to get a reply! It all depends on the order they do it, maybe they do it alphabetical with surname or certain subjects first...who knows! You'll be fine!
Reply 87
Original post by Chrisp14
Jonny I'm doing IT as well!! How did you find the interview?

Happy days, I'll be seeing you in September then! I actually didn't think the interview went that well and at the time I had no experience in school at all to talk about but it must have been better than I thought. I didn't have to do a presentation or anything, guessing that wasn't really viable via skype so I dodged a bullet there. I studied Computing and IT at Queen's which may have made a difference maybe. Did you do your degree at Queen's? Have you started on the finance side of things?
Reply 88
i got accepted this morning for chemistry (science), Delighted :-)
Reply 89
Original post by jadie5669
Decision still pending for me too. Definitely don't think there's a chance I'll get it but:frown:

QUB Sociology too, decision still pending. Really not hopeful, intake of 3 is mental!
Reply 90
portals down again..... does that mean theyr updating replies???
Original post by RachelMc22
QUB Sociology too, decision still pending. Really not hopeful, intake of 3 is mental!

How'd you know the intake is 3?
Reply 92
Original post by mickyfitz13
How'd you know the intake is 3?

I asked them in the interview. Total for politics and sociology was 7, politics took 4, sociology got left with 3.
What subject are u?
Original post by RachelMc22
I asked them in the interview. Total for politics and sociology was 7, politics took 4, sociology got left with 3.
What subject are u?

Physics, any idea what the number for that is?
Reply 94
Original post by mickyfitz13
Physics, any idea what the number for that is?

No sorry wouldn't have a clue.
Reply 95
Hi all. Congratulations to those who have been accepted. I applied for the PGCE RE, but have heard no word yet and says mine is still pending?? Anyone do RE.
Reply 96
Original post by jjlmckee
Hi all. Congratulations to those who have been accepted. I applied for the PGCE RE, but have heard no word yet and says mine is still pending?? Anyone do RE.

I'm still pending too :frown: just want to know:-/ Has anyone that had an interview for English heard anything yet?
Not heard anything yet and I applied for English.
Reply 98
Friend of mine had an English interview she got accepted today :smile:
Reply 99
Yea I think they will answer by subject and sociology was one of the last ones to be interviewed. Oh dear.. They're only taking 3 people?? ;( that's definitely not looking good for me:frown: how did u find the interview Rachel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending