The Student Room Group

Trends that should stay in 2013

Thought it would be fun to see what trends people definitely don't want to see through to 2014.
I'll start it off with

Stilletto nailsl.jpg

and Wedge sneakers wedge-rubber-shoes-1.jpg
:puke:

What trends do you not want to see in the new year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unpopular opinion, but I really hate sheer button-up shirts. The 'geek' trend. Creepers. The same beanie that everyone and their grandmother has. Trying to dress like Rihanna.

The Spring 2014 previews from UK high street stores don't look too bad.
Reply 2
High heeled trainers, t-shirts that say NERD or GEEK and body con skirts

Posted from TSR Mobile
The YOLO swagger
Reply 4
Girls having a bun tied right on top of their head. It looks silly.
Reply 5
Original post by mxcs
Unpopular opinion, but I really hate sheer button-up shirts.

:eek: What? They're wonderful, how could you dislike them? :frown:
Reply 6
I dislike sheer button ups because sometimes it is worn with a bra, which is unappropriate information to me as a girl. Admittedly though it feels sexy. :smile:
I read the thread title wrong and I thought you were SUPPORTING these trends :redface: I admittedly judged you then...:wink:
those jackets with leather sleeves but the body part is green fabric...:puke: Everyone and their grandma has one too. I think I faintly recall them looking great when I saw it on just one person...but on everyone, it just looks cheap and not fashionable. Now I also have a leather sleeved hoodie myself, but for some reason I do not apply the same trashy judgement to myself. I think it looks just like a hoodie, with black sleeves. :? LOL
Err...personally I think all trends should do, I followed them religiously last year and what came of it? A lot of wasted time lol and looking really bad al most all of the time. Having a personal stylist/becoming your own is much more fashionable. :smile: Every body shape can look amazing, but a one size fits all trend won't cut it.
Reply 7
Original post by Philbert

I actually quite like high buns, unfortunately though (or I suppose fortunately to you) my hair's too thin to actually create an anyway acceptable looking one.

I actually agree with the sheer shirts, however I used to love them so now I own about 5 that I never wear. :frown:

I'm going to add another one with peplums:
Leather+Peplum+Belt+DIY-+silver+buckle.jpg
:afraid:
Anything that Rihanna, Miley Cyrus or Nikki Minaj wore.
Original post by Freypops

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with body con skirts?
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Anything that Rihanna, Miley Cyrus or Nikki Minaj wore.

Wait, Miley Cyrus actually wore something in 2013? I must have missed that.
Twerking.

Original post by Freypops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh, you know body con skirts were being worn waaaaay before 2013, don't you? :rolleyes:
Jumpers/hats that say **** like hype, nerd, geek, yolo etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by tehFrance
:eek: What? They're wonderful, how could you dislike them? :frown:

Mainly a sensory thing for me, lots of the cheaper ones are made from fabric that feels horrible on my skin! Plus I'm a size 8-10 but have a huge chest, so anything that buttons up high or with a super-high neckline is so unflattering on me - bring on new, pretty trends! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Philbert

I have an intense, irrational hatred of those. It makes you look like the biggest moron...
Reply 15
Original post by Daniellejo.
I actually quite like high buns, unfortunately though (or I suppose fortunately to you) my hair's too thin to actually create an anyway acceptable looking one.

I actually agree with the sheer shirts, however I used to love them so now I own about 5 that I never wear. :frown:

I'm going to add another one with peplums:
Leather+Peplum+Belt+DIY-+silver+buckle.jpg
:afraid:

I quite like a subtle peplum on a dress!

I have a stretchy black one which is bodycon with a slight peplum which is my 'buffet eating' dress - sexy and covers up a belly full of food rather nicely :wink:
Reply 16
the whole ombre trend...never was a huge fan of it. Although, I really liked it on skirts.
Other than fashion, I think twerking should stay in 2013. Worst thing ever, especially after Miley Cyrus.
Reply 18
Those stupid skirts which makes the wearer look like they're wearing pieces of paper (can't really describe it lol)
Reply 19
Original post by IlexBlue
I have an intense, irrational hatred of those. It makes you look like the biggest moron...

Really?? I was ALWAYS so jealous of those girls who can do that because their hair was long enough and I wasn't allowed to grow out my hair. Now that I can I'd wear them 24/7 if I could only be bothered to style my hair. I had no idea anyone thought they looked bad haha!
You realy only see the world through your own eyes and your actions reflect that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest