The Student Room Group

Failing chemistry

I am in Year 13 and was predicted an A in chemistry last year because I managed to get in A in my Year 12 mocks. I'm now consistenly getting Cs/Ds. I have put all my effort into chemistry, I have tried books and websites and videos and I just don't get it. I have an offer from my dream university and need an A to get in, and I don't feel like it's even remotely possible. I am still trying for hours everyday but I am losing hope. It's so hard to stay motivated when I don't see any results for all my hard work. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by calmingotter20
I am in Year 13 and was predicted an A in chemistry last year because I managed to get in A in my Year 12 mocks. I'm now consistenly getting Cs/Ds. I have put all my effort into chemistry, I have tried books and websites and videos and I just don't get it. I have an offer from my dream university and need an A to get in, and I don't feel like it's even remotely possible. I am still trying for hours everyday but I am losing hope. It's so hard to stay motivated when I don't see any results for all my hard work. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

try blurting and ten doing practice questions, and the questions are out of context so just try identifying key information and trends you've memorised
Reply 2

Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with chemistry despite your efforts :frown: It can be frustrating to work hard and not see the results you want, especially when there's so much at stake. Try setting yourself goals for the day and cover each topic separately and do practice questions for each topic. If it helps, Study mind has free chem resources.

Remember that it's not uncommon to struggle with a subject, and that doesn't mean you're not capable of achieving your goals. Keep trying and stay focused, and don't hesitate to seek help and support when you need it! :smile:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind

For exams: using past papers. I highly recommend it for you. The lessons are not the toughest at A levels, but the questions are! same goes for test papers. Past papers are the best thing to test your understanding and knowledge at that level.

@5hyl33n maybe you have a better advice to share.

Quick Reply

Latest