The Student Room Group

Accenture Graduate Software Engineering 2021, UK

Greetings All,
I couldn't find any thread for the above programme, mostly for consulting only, so thought of starting one. Has anyone applied/doing online assessments/ attending the AC/ received an offer for the Graduate Software Engineering Programme London 2021? Any insights, tips, suggestions? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SV1901
Greetings All,
I couldn't find any thread for the above programme, mostly for consulting only, so thought of starting one. Has anyone applied/doing online assessments/ attending the AC/ received an offer for the Graduate Software Engineering Programme London 2021? Any insights, tips, suggestions? Thanks :smile:

Hey, I applied for the software engineering programme, just done my AC. Not sure what stage you are at, would love some insights into the technical interview. Hopefully I make it through the AC
Reply 2
Original post by GradSoftEng2021
Hey, I applied for the software engineering programme, just done my AC. Not sure what stage you are at, would love some insights into the technical interview. Hopefully I make it through the AC

Hi, thanks a lot for responding. I actually have my AC on 15th March, so I would love to have some insights from you. This is my first ever AC, also I am from a non-programming background, I don't know, how that stands up against my application. I am very excited and nervous too. I'd really love it if you could share your experience, haven't heard from any SE graduate candidate till now? Also, I see Accenture keeps on extending the deadline for this programme, I hope it's for good. Do they really need so many candidates for this programme!!
Original post by SV1901
Hi, thanks a lot for responding. I actually have my AC on 15th March, so I would love to have some insights from you. This is my first ever AC, also I am from a non-programming background, I don't know, how that stands up against my application. I am very excited and nervous too. I'd really love it if you could share your experience, haven't heard from any SE graduate candidate till now? Also, I see Accenture keeps on extending the deadline for this programme, I hope it's for good. Do they really need so many candidates for this programme!!

Hey! The assessment centre was okay. Not hard, not easy just have to make sure to manage time well, like actually have a timer open on your phone and visible. Youll have a group call with a recruiter a week before you AC to give you tips which actually does help. Just manage time, be friendly, don't talk over others. Non-technical background, it doesn't matter, they teach what you need to know, just have a passion for technology and know one language I say. Yeah, extended deadline and bringing forward the start date so assuming the business is picking up again. I was told they ideally want to take everyone during the group call before my AC. Youll have a technical interview after if you pass which I am yet to hear about.
Reply 4
Hey! The assessment centre was okay. Not hard, not easy just have to make sure to manage time well, like actually have a timer open on your phone and visible. Youll have a group call with a recruiter a week before you AC to give you tips which actually does help. Just manage time, be friendly, don't talk over others. Non-technical background, it doesn't matter, they teach what you need to know, just have a passion for technology and know one language I say. Yeah, extended deadline and bringing forward the start date so assuming the business is picking up again. I was told they ideally want to take everyone during the group call before my AC. Youll have a technical interview after if you pass which I am yet to hear about.

Hi, thanks for your advice and help. I wish you all the best and hope to see you at Accenture :smile:
Regarding the technical interview, I read on their website that they get in touch prior to the interview, to help prepare. https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/local/software-engineering-graduate-program
Reply 5

Hey, also would you mind telling me if they give enough notice before the group call? Actually, I am working and I am afraid I might miss the call during the working hours. :/
Original post by SV1901
Hey, also would you mind telling me if they give enough notice before the group call? Actually, I am working and I am afraid I might miss the call during the working hours. :/

In regard to the technical interview message, yeah I read the same and hopefully, it is useful. Someone just posted in the other thread that it is a strengths based interview so nothing technical.

For me, the call was arranged weird. it was literally an email at 4 pm saying there is a call at 5 pm, the day before the AC. The recruiter forgot to arrange it beforehand. Normally they give you one week notice I heard.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
In regard to the technical interview message, yeah I read the same and hopefully, it is useful. Someone just posted in the other thread that it is a strengths based interview so nothing technical.

For me, the call was arranged weird. it was literally an email at 4 pm saying there is a call at 5 pm, the day before the AC. The recruiter forgot to arrange it beforehand. Normally they give you one week notice I heard.

I guess they mentioned the AC interview in the other thread. It is strange though but good for them that they didn't have any technical round. But I was also told in the Q&A session for AC that for our programme there will be a technical round. This is what they told-
to be able to demonstrate a passion for technology; articulate technology trends by reviewing Accenture's Tech Vision; demonstrate an understanding of software methodologies; showcase any technical skills that you have learnt on your own, with emphasis on at least one programming language; clearly articulate how you keep abreast of emerging technologies.

p.s. what is your background if you don't mind sharing?
Original post by SV1901
I guess they mentioned the AC interview in the other thread. It is strange though but good for them that they didn't have any technical round. But I was also told in the Q&A session for AC that for our programme there will be a technical round. This is what they told-
to be able to demonstrate a passion for technology; articulate technology trends by reviewing Accenture's Tech Vision; demonstrate an understanding of software methodologies; showcase any technical skills that you have learnt on your own, with emphasis on at least one programming language; clearly articulate how you keep abreast of emerging technologies.

p.s. what is your background if you don't mind sharing?

Yeah seems the process has changed a little. Strange, I haven't heard about any of this yet, maybe due to my Q&A session being last minute.
Is that what they expect from the technical interview and did they give any structure for it at all?

My background is Computer Science. What about you?
Reply 9
Yeah seems the process has changed a little. Strange, I haven't heard about any of this yet, maybe due to my Q&A session being last minute.
Is that what they expect from the technical interview and did they give any structure for it at all?

My background is Computer Science. What about you?

I haven't been contacted by the recruitment team yet for any AC support or advice. There was this optional Q&A chat session I attended and I asked there if AC was the last stage for this program. Then I was told that there would be a technical round and the above things would be expected. Wasn't told about any structure or something. If your interview is very near, I suggest if you need to, you can email the early recruitment team asking if they are going to provide some guidance as written on their website? Well, if you are from a Computer Science background, I feel, you're going to be okay :smile:
I even read on one of the TSR threads that the technical interview is to basically check the amount of training you would require.
P.s. My background is in Food Technology.
Original post by SV1901
I haven't been contacted by the recruitment team yet for any AC support or advice. There was this optional Q&A chat session I attended and I asked there if AC was the last stage for this program. Then I was told that there would be a technical round and the above things would be expected. Wasn't told about any structure or something. If your interview is very near, I suggest if you need to, you can email the early recruitment team asking if they are going to provide some guidance as written on their website? Well, if you are from a Computer Science background, I feel, you're going to be okay :smile:
I even read on one of the TSR threads that the technical interview is to basically check the amount of training you would require.
P.s. My background is in Food Technology.

Oh right I see, I haven't been able to attend those, thank you for the information.
Yeah, I got an email yesterday with a PDF of information you mentioned, they said they'll be in contact soon with tips. They are working through people with an interview coming soon so hopefully, I will have my call this coming week. Haha let's hope, just read on the other thread also and it seems it's like you said, just checking the level of training required and if you have a passion for tech and to learn.
Ou that's interesting, I think just showcasing a passion for technology and wanting to learn is the key for anyone applying to this.
Reply 11
Hey People!

I got an email on Friday saying I passed the AC and have a technical to do. They said they will call me to arrange it.
Any idea what technical stuff it might be?
Original post by omdz
Hey People!

I got an email on Friday saying I passed the AC and have a technical to do. They said they will call me to arrange it.

Hey!
From what I heard it is just a 45-50 minute interview to talk about your passion for technology and see your level of knowledge. No coding, as far as I know, mainly just testing awareness of software methodologies/tech report topics.
When did you have your AC if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 13
Hey!
From what I heard it is just a 45-50 minute interview to talk about your passion for technology and see your level of knowledge. No coding, as far as I know, mainly just testing awareness of software methodologies/tech report topics.
When did you have your AC if you don't mind me asking?

Oh okay cool.

My AC was on the 26th Feb and they emailed me 5th March.
Reply 14
Oh right I see, I haven't been able to attend those, thank you for the information.
Yeah, I got an email yesterday with a PDF of information you mentioned, they said they'll be in contact soon with tips. They are working through people with an interview coming soon so hopefully, I will have my call this coming week. Haha let's hope, just read on the other thread also and it seems it's like you said, just checking the level of training required and if you have a passion for tech and to learn.
Ou that's interesting, I think just showcasing a passion for technology and wanting to learn is the key for anyone applying to this.

Great! Congratulations on clearing the AC :smile: wish you all the best, I am sure you're going to nail your interview too. :smile: I still have my AC on 15th March, haven't received any call or email yet from the recruitment team. :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by omdz
Hey People!

Hey! Congratulations :smile: I think as we discussed above and in other threads, it's gonna be mostly about looking for your genuine interest in Tech, maybe some questions related to SDLC, Waterfall, Agile etc. or discussion about your favourite technology.

P.s. I haven't had my AC yet, this is based on my research of forums. Hope it helps. :smile: All the best!!
Original post by SV1901
Great! Congratulations on clearing the AC :smile: wish you all the best, I am sure you're going to nail your interview too. :smile: I still have my AC on 15th March, haven't received any call or email yet from the recruitment team. :tongue:

Thank you! Pretty surprised since I was thinking of things I wish I had said and what not haha. Let's hope so, I have my final on the 18th. Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if you get the group call Friday or even Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions!
Reply 17
Thank you! Pretty surprised since I was thinking of things I wish I had said and what not haha. Let's hope so, I have my final on the 18th. Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if you get the group call Friday or even Sunday. Let me know if you have any questions!

Haha..sure, thank you. :smile: Update us after your interview, I'll update after my AC.
Original post by SV1901
Haha..sure, thank you. :smile: Update us after your interview, I'll update after my AC.

Yeah sure, sounds good! Good luck with yours tomorrow!
Reply 19
Yeah sure, sounds good! Good luck with yours tomorrow!

Hey, Thanks! :smile: I did not receive any call from the recruitment team, would you mind sharing what they discussed before your AC over the group call? I don't think they are going to call me today on the day of AC :tongue: haha

Quick Reply

Latest