The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Indifferent tbh. She wouldn't get a R.I.P status dedicated towards her.
Reply 41
No more than I'd care about the death of any other person I'd never met.
I wouldn't go out celebrating nor would I be in tears. She's lived a real good long life so.

Would want to go on a deserted island though for the next month following it, would be absolutely unbearable.
Reply 43
Not really, she's just another human being.
I'm actually really surprised by the answers here. I thought there'd be more along the lines of "she's the Queen, of course I would care!!!11!!".
nope, I'm sort of hoping she dies somewhat soon to be honest

for someone who hates the queen I'm quite an artist... (lol no kidding I spent 30 minutes doodling out of pure procrastination - but come on, you've got to admit I replicated her smile quite well)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Yeh, no matter how much I dislike the royal family and what it stands for etc etc.

She wasn't bad herself (maybe she was) and she was a mighty fine women in her day.

Death is death, don't like seeing no one dead.

But I gotta emphasise I wouldn't give no more of a **** than if a man in Africa died
I have 0 interest in anything that family does.

Apart from Kate and her sister :wink:
Reply 48
No, I would care even less if Philip died as well.
Of course I would!
Reply 50
No. this isn't North Korea. Just an old women with an archaic title.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lady Comstock
Yes, she's been one of the few constants throughout my life apart from my parents and the house. It would be strange to lose that sense of familiarity.

Plus she's almost become like the grandmother of the nation now.

Oh pass me a sick bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
No
NO
Nah
No. Plenty more royals where that came from.
Reply 56
Not in the slightest. Should have done what the French did centuries ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Sort of. I wouldn't really be sad. She's not my grandmother. But in a sense I would care a bit because it would take a bit of getting used to having a different face on money and stuff like that.
Reply 58
I would be. She's the representative of my nation and a respectable old lady who's been a mainstay of our culture. She and her family stayed in London during the blitz despite the option to leave, all for morale. She's given her whole life to being the 'face' of the UK, commonwealth etc.

I mean I'm sad when most old ladies die anyway, but the queen would be no exception. Especially as after her it's Charles. The best thing about the queen is that she has no opinions, she was just stately. And did you ever hear her make a gaffe? Charles on the other hand...
Despite being bitterly opposed to the monarchy, yes - every death saddens me. :frown:

Latest