The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol or Queen Mary

I've received offers from both unis and im currently living in London. I know Bristol is a better uni, however is it worth it as it will be very expensive moving out and it would be another 30 thousand due to the maintenance loan whereas if I go queen marys i can live with my parents for free. I am also a muslim so im scared the "uni" life may be boring as i cannot drink alcohol. Also do employers really care about what university you came from since they're both part russel group.
Original post by zaffy_11
I've received offers from both unis and im currently living in London. I know Bristol is a better uni, however is it worth it as it will be very expensive moving out and it would be another 30 thousand due to the maintenance loan whereas if I go queen marys i can live with my parents for free. I am also a muslim so im scared the "uni" life may be boring as i cannot drink alcohol. Also do employers really care about what university you came from since they're both part russel group.

Hi there! it honestly depends on your personal preference as both unis are excellent. If you would rather stay at home and save up a bit then go for queen marys. and even if you wanted to experience living out you can always live out first year and commute for the rest of the degree. Just because you do not drink does not mean uni life will be boring as there is so much more to do other than clubbing/drinking. it does depend on the course you do for eg med/dent/pharmacy employers don't care what uni you got your degree from but degrees like economics the employer may care
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I am doing a maths degree and my friends told me that graduates from Bristol are 'favoured' as they are more prestigious so I'm lost between the 2 lolll.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending