110kgx4
120kgx4@10RPE
10% fatigue drop

Front squat
110kgx4
120kgx4
120kgx4
120kgx4@9RPE

Ate like crap after I hit the overhead pr and it showed today. I should have really done this at an 9 or 8 rpe. I'm sure I can remedy this since I got a good amount of work in today. Just training whenever I can atm. I would like to overhead press 100kg for 2-3 reps by the end of the year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Beastly pressing. Looking forward to the two plate press video this year. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been saying to myself for quite some time that people jump on the super high frequency bandwagon too soon. Yes they make strength gains but they are hurting their long term progression because they end up working incredibly hard for lifts that they could have just gotten with less work albeit within a longer period of time.

Smolov is a good example of this. People who are barely intermediates will go onto this program and hit a squat pr but lets look at things on a larger scale. You have now adapted to a **** load of volume to lift a weight that you probably could've gotten squatting twice a week. You can't just back off the work now as you have now adapted to a higher workload and will therefore require a high workload to increase your lifts.

Your long term development is now shutting down because the workloads which would have been necessary to reach your absolute best are now being used to just get you a quick pr much earlier in your career. In short you've become a full time lifter to get part time results.

This article goes into what I've said.

file:///D:/Users/Alexander%20Tait/Downloads/Pitfall_Programs_Hydro_Sep14%20(1).pdf
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage
I've been saying to myself for quite some time that people jump on the super high frequency bandwagon too soon. Yes they make strength gains but they are hurting their long term progression because they end up working incredibly hard for lifts that they could have just gotten with less work albeit within a longer period of time.

Smolov is a good example of this. People who are barely intermediates will go onto this program and hit a squat pr but lets look at things on a larger scale. You have now adapted to a **** load of volume to lift a weight that you probably could've gotten squatting twice a week. You can't just back off the work now as you have now adapted to a higher workload and will therefore require a high workload to increase your lifts.

Your long term development is now shutting down because the workloads which would have been necessary to reach your absolute best are now being used to just get you a quick pr much earlier in your career. In short you've become a full time lifter to get part time results.

This article goes into what I've said.

file:///D:/Users/Alexander%20Tait/Downloads/Pitfall_Programs_Hydro_Sep14%20(1).pdf

I hope it's been informative and I'll talk to you guys next time.

Spoiler

Original post by Jtking3000
I hope it's been informative and I'll talk to you guys next time.

Spoiler

Most of his stuff is just youtube drama click bait so I don't watch much of him lol.
Dead stop strict press 77.5kg
1x8
1x5
1x4
1x4
1x4

Standing Single Arm DB Press
5x10 22kg db

Chinups 5x5
Oh hai stranger
hi

31/05/2016
Strict Press in vans shoes
80kg 1x8 PR
72.5kg 4 sets as many reps as I could

Chinups 5x5

Really nice to finally hit a pr on the press after what feels like a century. Gives me an 1rm estimate of 100kg. Not going to go for it since I only want to see weights going up and I don't care if it's a single. Will start squatting again now that I can do it pain free. Will deload on the press and see if I can PR on it again with once a week progress and training it twice a week. If could I could get a 1.1xbw press training it just twice a week that would set up very well for adding in work when necessary in the future.
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage

Very nice.

Subbed.

Still dead stop pressing or tng? [class regardless obv]
I do tng pressing after bp on a different day.
oh and thanks lol
Coming back in after a lay off. Trying to figure out how to best squat with one foot larger than the other. Can't find any real info on recommendations.

17/01/18
Bench Press
3x5 115kg
Squat
3x5 137.5kg
Chins

19/01/18
Dead Stop Strict Press
4x3 87.5kg
Squat
3x5 140kg
Chins

Going to start doing deadlifts on Monday.
Strong pressing.
[video="youtube;EgBF3sIBIWw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgBF3sIBIWw&t=761s[/video]Thanks. I'll be using the progression model outlined in this video for the reps and sets.
Strong pressing indeed

and

Original post by Angry cucumber
Oh hai stranger
ty

23/01/2018
Paused Bench Press 117.5kg 3x5
Squat 142.5kg 3x5
Conventional Deadlift 130kg 1x5

Still don't quite know what to do with my squat technique wise. I know that if I lean more to the right to accomodate my larger left foot (about 1cm larger) my ab/adductors on my left leg will eventually get overworked. Right now I'm trying a staggered stance with my right foot slightly forward.
(edited 6 years ago)
26/01/18
Strict Press
90kg 4x3
Squat
145kg 3x5

First set felt like the hardest. Perhaps jumping from 80kg to 90kg wasn't the best idea.
(edited 6 years ago)
Strong. Have you maxed out OHP? 2 Plates+?
I've never maxed out because I don't like the time it takes away from building strength (peaking, testing, deloading). Never been strong enough to OHP more than 90kg for reps. I think my PR on OHP before this with 90kg was 1x3.

Quick Reply

Latest