The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
****..... I've logged into Track 5 times tonight, just to check that this is actually real!!!! :shock: :biggrin:

God, I still feel giddy.... :tongue:
Original post by Ceryni
****..... I've logged into Track 5 times tonight, just to check that this is actually real!!!! :shock: :biggrin:

God, I still feel giddy.... :tongue:

Omg, me too! I think I can finally stop panicking that they've sent me a letter by mistake now that it's been updated :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782
Original post by NotedMindBlank
Hi I think so (it was all a bit of a blur I was horribly feverish and incredibly antisocial :redface:). I was the pale bespectacled italian girl with the glasses and mousy hair, possibly the only female engineering applicant that day. Although I have a feeling Cambridge is clueless in regards to the difficulty of any qualification that isn't their special A levels I'm sure you'll manage the offer, and if you don't ring them and slip in that maths fact - you'll win them right over :smile:. EXCITED?

Im totally excited :biggrin:

There was another girl applying for engineering at Cambridge. I sat across her at breakfast
Reply 783
Original post by Tarquin Digby
Yep, got the UCAS email at 6PM yesterday. Picked my firm and insurance already. :tongue:

CropperCapture[61].jpg

So did I today!
I should pick my firm as well... since it's obvious
LOL
Reply 784
Wait. Can I not select the school if it is a conditional offer?
Reply 785
Original post by SixteenHundred
Congrats to you too! No, I thought it might come across as a bit too keen especially as there's a few people I know on there still in the pool and all. But I think it's a good idea! Are there any other Girton people on there? I assume there will be more in the next few weeks as Girton gets a lot from the pool. There's about 10 people for English usually so I'm hoping someone will come out of the woodwork eventually. Do you know any other Girton NatSci offer holders?

I got an offer from Girton for maths on Monday! Nice to see some more people with Girton offers :smile:
First of all, congratulations to all offer holders! :biggrin:

I would like to ask you a few question about a paragraph from my offer, maybe you could help me understand what I'm supposed to do.

You must provide such further evidence as may reasonably be required by the College to verify your identity, nationality, residence, immigration status, financial means and educational qualifications, as well as any other information that may be reasonably requested by the College. In particular you must provide:
your examination certificates relating to the academic examinations referred to on your UCAS application;
evidence that you have applied for and are eligible for Student Support, or a statement that you believe yourself to be eligible but do not intend to apply;
Copies of the above should be sent as soon as reasonably practicable as they become available. Original documents, if not already shown, must be provided for inspection immediately on coming into residence.

1) the only academic examinations I reffered to on my UCAS application are the:
a) TOEFL iBT (which I already took, and it's not part of the conditional offer)
b) Romanian Baccalaureate (which is part of the conditional offer, and will only take place in June/July)

So referring to the first bullet point in the paragraph, am I required to provide a copy of the TOEFL examination certificate as soon as possible?

2) Does "Student Support" in the second bullet point refer to the Cambridge Bursary Scheme?

Thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by TheBigGeek
Haha what weird rule?

At Caius you pay for 36 meals in hall at the start of term. Up to 5 of these may count as meals for guests. If you go over your 36 meal limit you will just have to pay the extra at the start of the next term. You will be able to bring up to 4 guests with you at any one time. Have fun at Caius, it is a lovely college :smile:
Original post by jlee617
Any other offer holders for Medicine at St John's? :smile:

Me ! :biggrin: who did you have your interveiws with ?
Original post by CiaT
Yeah I have an offer from Emmanuel!
It's for theology though :smile:
Same here I still can't quite believe it!
Isn't Emma a lovely college, too?

Emma is so pretty, I'm so excited! I've researched it more after getting an offer then I did when I applied and so glad I'm there :smile: Guess I just need to crack on and get the grades now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had exactly two days of thinking of myself as a Cambridge man (Trinity), then the conditional came in:

S in STEP II, S in STEP III

I have NEVER seen anybody with S demands!

*cries*
Reply 791
Original post by FrozenWinters
I had exactly two days of thinking of myself as a Cambridge man (Trinity), then the conditional came in:

*cries*

Damn that's awful. Prove to them that you can do it!
Reply 792

*cries*

Holy crap. Are you on a gap year or what?
Original post by CD315
Holy crap. Are you on a gap year or what?

I am at a Canadian university, but we go off to study a year earlier than in the UK (got in on my second application to Cambridge).
Reply 794
I am at a Canadian university, but we go off to study a year earlier than in the UK (got in on my second application to Cambridge).

That might explain it..
Reply 795
Original post by alow
Homerton, and Physical :smile:

Words cannot explain how badly one of my interviews went though, so they must have liked something about me :lol:

Hi there! I also got an offer from Homerton for physical natural science~ And I kept making silly mistakes on the interview and did not finish with the TSA test. So lucky that I got an offer~
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 796
Original post by excal9
If the offer letter just says A*AA and i already have an A* in maths, will that count? Its just on my friend's offers it specifies the subjects, ie they need the A*AA this year. Im obviously aiming for higher but should i query this with the college?

Hi~I have asked some colleges earlier that they will not take into account A levels taken before. But I suggest you should make contact with the college you applied to and find out for yourself.
Reply 797
Original post by Movethemoon
Haha I totally agree! It sounds like torture :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not if you love maths :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by cindyhfls
Hi there! I also got an offer from Homerton for physical natural science~ And I kept making silly mistakes on the interview and did not finish with the TSA test. So lucky that I got an offer~

Hi :smile: Congrats, hopefully I'll see you in October!

I made so many mistakes in my interview, and just plain not understanding what a couple of the questions meant, I didn't do the TSA, but it doesn't look like much fun!

What's your offer conditional on?
Original post by TisalEd1995
I hope to see you in October as well. I read that you received an unconditional offer, was that because you already completed your A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I got A* in Maths, in Physics and in further Maths last year. I also got three S's in STEP I,II and III. Now I'm doing Chemistry but luckily the offer is unconditional and I don't have to worry about Chemistry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending