The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by JackBradbury17
Congratulations! Well once you're at Cambridge it doesn't matter if you were pooled or not! What are your entry requirements?

Thank you! Very true :smile: A* in Maths and AA in two others, yours?
Reply 981
Original post by KleoKyp
Hey!! I didn't have an interview as I live in Canada! I received an email and they said the conditions of the offer will be sent to me by post in a couple of weeks. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. That seems to be the case with you as well :smile: Also, congratulations!!

Ahh ok, thank you! I was in a state of shock once the lady on the phone said is been given an offer I can't really remember too clearly what was said afterwards, but that sounds about right xD and congratulations to you too! Hopefully see you in October! This is all so strange!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 982
Original post by emiliecousin
Ahh ok, thank you! I was in a state of shock once the lady on the phone said is been given an offer I can't really remember too clearly what was said afterwards, but that sounds about right xD and congratulations to you too! Hopefully see you in October! This is all so strange!

haha indeed!! I couldn't believe it when I got the email saying I was getting an offer! Tbh I'm not sure still if I believe it haha but I am nervous to see what the conditions are!
Original post by KleoKyp
YAY!! See you in October then! Fingers crossed we will make our offers! Did 13 people apply to ME for PBS this year? I applied to Caius but was pooled and fished by ME. Still so excited though! :biggrin:

Yep! 6 direct, 7 pooled. You can check it out at http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/

My school's a little different, so we already know if we made our offers (we don't take A'levels). Crossing my fingers and toes for you too! :biggrin:
Reply 984
I got an offer from Lucy Cavendish but have't received the official offer letter coz I am international...still waiting. anyone in the same situation? so nervous coz I need to send the reply slip by 20th Jan.
Reply 985
Hi Sidney offer holders! I'm just wondering if you have sent the documents requested in the offer letter?
Reply 986
Any other Christ's offer holders? Preferably Engineers :P
Reply 987
Original post by lalaland19
Well done! :smile: what languages are you planning to study? I'm doing German & Latin

Me too. Which College?
International students!!!!!! Do we have to pay the maintenance fees to the college, or just the tuition and college fees. Alright it is stupid that I don't know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from Magdalene for Land Economy! Anyone else? :biggrin:
Reply 990
A*AA Offer from St. Catz for Physical Natural Sciences wooooo! Who else is off to catz?
Reply 991
Hey everyone! I've been stalking this thread since it was 7 pages long but kept forgetting to post so this may be a bit late!

Offer for HSPS from Corpus Christi - I was absolutely floored when I got the email. Anyone else from Corpus? :smile:
Original post by Lnt
I got an offer from Lucy Cavendish but have't received the official offer letter coz I am international...still waiting. anyone in the same situation? so nervous coz I need to send the reply slip by 20th Jan.

Were you pooled or a direct applicant?
I wasn't sent an original decision letter by Lucy at all, and have yet to receive my offer letter from them (they pooled and fished me).... They did say mine was sent on Friday however :-)

What did you apply for??
A bit of an odd question but does anyone know of anyone who has missed the offer due to bad teaching or similar and still managed to get in?
Reply 994
Original post by Bright_blonde
A bit of an odd question but does anyone know of anyone who has missed the offer due to bad teaching or similar and still managed to get in?

I know of someone last year who got A*AB and got in for asnc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9967
I know of someone last year who got A*AB and got in for asnc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay - did they go into the summer pool do you know??
Reply 996
I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any post-offer open days at Cambridge? (or for the individual colleges/subjects)
Reply 997
So.... Got an offer for Natural Science, and was looking at the information on the course and stuff. I saw this timetable and was surprised to see that as a physics lecture ends at 10, another starts at 10 in a different building; how does one get from one place to another in time?! :P

http://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/students/first
Reply 998
Original post by excal9
I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any post-offer open days at Cambridge? (or for the individual colleges/subjects)

There definitely are some- Newnham are having an offer holders open day on Sat 15th Feb. It'll depend on the colleges. x
Anyone get into Madgalene? I've been fished from there and I'd like to know all I can about the college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending