The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ae134258
To all the trinity offer holders out there (or offer holders in general), when dr. Wingfield says to write to him do we have to mail him or can we email him?
Cheers and congrats to all of you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just emailed him, because I am an EU student and the letter would take ages to arrive. It would be weird for the letter to arrive after I had firmed my offer on UCAS track.
Reply 1181
Original post by Claree
I sent a letter and also emailed a scanned copy of the letter as I wasn't sure, but the admissions secretary replied to my email thanking me for confirming that I intend to accept the place so I think it's fine just to email. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1182
Original post by Nick Kateris
I just emailed him, because I am an EU student and the letter would take ages to arrive. It would be weird for the letter to arrive after I had firmed my offer on UCAS track.

Oh okay thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge have announced today that from 2015 all science students will require A*A*A... Looks like the bar's been raised!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...r-science.html
Reply 1184
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Cambridge have announced today that from 2015 all science students will require A*A*A... Looks like the bar's been raised!

Sounds like a good idea.

Article's been deleted :hmmmm2:
Original post by smile:D
Article's been deleted :hmmmm2:

It hasn't. The link was copied wrongly in that post.
Reply 1188
Original post by Kaylee Frye
Did anyone else not receive any info on bursaries etc.? All my acceptance letter included was some info on the National Scholarship Programme and some legal info about the College, but nothing about the Cambridge bursaries or how to apply for them. This was for St. John's, by the way.

I have already firmed my offer on UCAS - didn't hear anything after that either. I'm just worried they didn't include it by mistake, and I don't want to miss any deadlines!

I got an offer from St. John's too and the only thing I received on bursaries was the national scholarship thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
I think when you do your student finance they do it then? That's what my letter from Homerton said.

Ah yes, sounds logical - thanks! :smile:

Original post by RoastHam
I got an offer from St. John's too and the only thing I received on bursaries was the national scholarship thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know - now I can be assured that they didn't somehow forgot to include it with just my letter :redface: Thanks for letting me know! :smile:
Original post by Kaylee Frye
Did anyone else not receive any info on bursaries etc.? All my acceptance letter included was some info on the National Scholarship Programme and some legal info about the College, but nothing about the Cambridge bursaries or how to apply for them. This was for St. John's, by the way.

I have already firmed my offer on UCAS - didn't hear anything after that either. I'm just worried they didn't include it by mistake, and I don't want to miss any deadlines!

Original post by RoastHam

Posted from TSR Mobile

You apply for the Cambridge Bursary when you arrive at Cambridge (Roughly October time) online. You should receive more news about it closer to the time (And by that I mean after you have met an offer and are going up).

To be honest it is not much more than a formality - the vast majority of science students comfortably achieve at least 2 anyway. It gives a more realistic view of where the bar is at rather than the bar actually having been raised.
Emmanuel, Engineering.
IELTS 7,7,7,7 and overall 7.5.
It seems that I'm here a little bit late. I didn't know this forum before but I really like it now!
Original post by NotedMindBlank
CONGRATS EVERYONE AGAIN :smile: I can't believe I managed to lure the interviewers into thinking I was clever and that I'M HERE :biggrin: Did anyone get an Engineering Offer and/or one from Emmanuel college? :h:

I get an Engineering offer from Emmanuel. :tongue:

Original post by The nameless one
Me,Emmanuel,Engineering,7.5 overall, no less than 7 in each module, working onmy writing.

exactly the same!
Original post by Julia Cai
I get an Engineering offer from Emmanuel. :tongue:

exactly the same!

Asian, or Chinese specifically by any chance?
Asian, or Chinese specifically by any chance?

Chinese 北京:biggrin:
Original post by Julia Cai
Chinese 北京:biggrin:

A Shanghai-nese in Germany,we should not theoretically be friends, should we?

Spoiler

A Shanghai-nese in Germany,we should not theoretically be friends, should we?

Spoiler

My mom's family is SHer.:smile:

It's so good to meet you here!
Reply 1198
Original post by abigailivy
Is anyone else still waiting for track to update? Got my Cambridge offer letter on the 4th but track still hasn't acknowledged it and i'm ready to firm decisions etc as I have my other offers! Any of you guys still waiting for track to be informed?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1199
Original post by KleoKyp
Anybody got an offer from Murray Edwards or for psychology? :smile: got fished yesterday

I got one! A*AA :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending