The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 566
Has any college given out details about applying for accomodation yet?

Johns have said accommodation will only be sorted after results day o I wouldn't worry if your college hasn't sent anything out.
Original post by forestfruits
Oh okay great thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't sure :/ Sorry for the late reply!
I'm doing medicine, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PhysNatSci, provided I meet my offer :P Annoyingly my friend has decided to throw her 18th the day before my FP3 exam, which could be interesting.

And in the nicest way possible its good that we're not the only college worrying about accomodation :smile:
Original post by Sparta_Kane
PhysNatSci, provided I meet my offer :P Annoyingly my friend has decided to throw her 18th the day before my FP3 exam, which could be interesting.
How important is FP3 to meeting your offer? When I did it I got 69 (a C grade...) which was my only non A in maths :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
How important is FP3 to meeting your offer? When I did it I got 69 (a C grade...) which was my only non A in maths :tongue:

Fairly, my offer is A*AA with the A* in Futher Maths and FP3 is 1 of my best modules... Though I think I need an average of 89 over my 2 best modules this year because I did M2 last year. I might just go for a little while and not drink or bully her into changing the date :P
Original post by Sparta_Kane
Fairly, my offer is A*AA with the A* in Futher Maths and FP3 is 1 of my best modules... Though I think I need an average of 89 over my 2 best modules this year because I did M2 last year. I might just go for a little while and not drink or bully her into changing the date :P
Average of 89 sounds pretty manageable, but yes I would try the other routes...
Reply 1385
Thanks guys!
anyone get into land economy?
Reply 1387
Are there any open days I can go to? Offer holder for maths at Queens'
Reply 1388
Original post by CD315
Are there any open days I can go to? Offer holder for maths at Queens'

I'm going to my college's next open day to look at the accommodation again. :colondollar: Admission staff seemed to have no problem with it! :smile:
Reply 1389
Original post by BWCW
I'm going to my college's next open day to look at the accommodation again. :colondollar: Admission staff seemed to have no problem with it! :smile:

Which college is that? :smile:
Reply 1390
Original post by CD315
Which college is that? :smile:

Downing. :smile:
Reply 1391
Did the university's admission office work for the past week or have they been in holiday for Easter? Tried calling them but it always went into voice mail.

Also do admission offices work in the weekends?

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1392
Original post by Bomb
Did the university's admission office work for the past week or have they been in holiday for Easter? Tried calling them but it always went into voice mail.

Also do admission offices work in the weekends?

Thanks

This weekend is a bank holiday so they won't be in regardless of if they usually work weekends or not :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
Original post by 9967
This weekend is a bank holiday so they won't be in regardless of if they usually work weekends or not :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. As an international I have no idea if it's holiday or not in the UK for various dates.

What about today, been calling since 9 am UK time and still voice mail.
Reply 1394
Original post by Bomb
Thanks for the reply. As an international I have no idea if it's holiday or not in the UK for various dates.

What about today, been calling since 9 am UK time and still voice mail.

It's a bank holiday.
Reply 1395
Original post by alow
It's a bank holiday.

Only today and the following weekend or the whole past week (13th to 18th)?

Is next Monday (21st) also a holiday?

Thanks alot
Reply 1396
Original post by Bomb
Only today and the following weekend or the whole past week (13th to 18th)?

Is next Monday (21st) also a holiday?

Thanks alot

Only today to Monday.

Here's a list of bank holidays.
Reply 1397
Original post by alow
Only today to Monday.

Here's a list of bank holidays.

Thank you very much!

Somehow that doesn't explain why I couldn't reach them for the past week, maybe I called during the wrong time.

Do you know if universities admission offices work during school holidays?

Thank you again
Reply 1398
Original post by Bomb
Thank you very much!

Somehow that doesn't explain why I couldn't reach them for the past week, maybe I called during the wrong time.

Do you know if universities admission offices work during school holidays?

Thank you again

Have you emailed them? Usually if they're not there you would get an auto-reply saying that they're off for a week or whatever. (when I email the college I have an offer from this always happens if it's outside of business hours).

I don't know, but I can't see why they wouldn't be...
Reply 1399
Original post by alow
Have you emailed them? Usually if they're not there you would get an auto-reply saying that they're off for a week or whatever. (when I email the college I have an offer from this always happens if it's outside of business hours).

I don't know, but I can't see why they wouldn't be...

I have emailed them but I didn't receive an auto-reply, which means they may be busy and may need time to process all the emails they receive.

Would I receive an auto-reply if I email them again today, or would we be expected to know that it is bank holiday today.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending